Free herb seeds

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

In case anyone here gets Countrylife and Small Stock Journal....there's a free coupon on page 11 for a free herb mix of 17 herbs: sweet basil, chives, dill, sage, thyme, sorrel, coriander, caraway, anise, borage, chervil, hyssop, lovage, sweet marjoram, fennel, summer savory and peppermint :)
Trish

Campbellsville, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow! I got my copy a few days ago and hadn't even had time to sit down and look at it yet! Thanks for telling us! I'm going to mail mine out tomorrow!

I was just thinking..even though there is a coupon for the free herbs in the Countryside magazine, which you have to cut out and mail..MAYBEEEEEE other people not getting the magazine can still request the free seeds via their web site. I didn't see anything about the herb seeds on their web site but it won't hurt to ask via email or 800 phone number.
http://www.botanichealth.com/
Trish

Saint Helen, MI(Zone 5a)

Trish,

I have a page scanner and the magazine maybe I could scan it and send a copy to anyone that wants one???
Do you think why would accept that?
BTW I just started getting that magazine and I love it!

Sari

Sari..that's a good idea. The coupon didn't say anything about needing to send the original. I would think that this company would be most grateful to have a good response to their free seeds and free herbal newsletter (you get both).
Trish
ps..I also love this magazine..every page and every ad!

Boonville, MO(Zone 5a)

Thank you for the info Trish. I just emailed them for the seeds. I'll let you know what kind of response I get.

Angel

Schenevus, NY

i did too..i'll post if i get a response. e

Boonville, MO(Zone 5a)

I got a response from customer service. They are sending me a catalogue and the free herb seeds. I just went to the site and clicked on customer service and asked for their promotion free herb seeds and a catalogue and gave them my address.

Try it. Good luck.

Bellmawr, NJ

I wanted to let you all know that they will even send them overseas. ( I live in the Netherlands)

Natascha

This is very nice to know..that the company is sending a great mix of herb seeds just for the asking..a good way to try your hand at growing fresh herbs and reading about their use with the free newsletter (ps..I don't work for the company..lol). Thanks everyone for sharing what you found out..the more herb seeds planted, the better our health!
Trish

Campbellsville, KY(Zone 6a)

They're FAST! Got my catalog and seeds over the weekend.

Same here..my seeds and catalog came today! The seeds were a nice mixture and included growing instructions, the catalog was informative but the best thing was getting the herb insert which tells you what the herbs are used for, what part of the plant to harvest (roots, leaves, stems, etc..), and how to store them. Thanks Indiana Botanic Gardens!
Trish

Boonville, MO(Zone 5a)

I got my seeds todat. They are all mixed up. Looks like I'll have fun figuring out what is what. They all smell like dill too. Maybe I can get them seperated a little bit before I plant them. Either way, I will have plants to use this summer and then collect seeds from them later. Anyone else get theirs yet?

Paso Robles, CA

Trish,
THANKS for all the great information and free herb offer. These forums are the most wonderful sources -- just like a candy store full of knowledge and wonderful sharing.
Marilyn

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

I received my seeds last week also. Sure hope I can figure out what is what when they start growing!!! (the pictures on the brochure will help me out a lot!!) I know nothing about herbs, will these bloom and set seed the 1st year? are they perennials or will I have to plant new ones each year? Sorry about all the questions???? But how will I ever learn?? Julie

What is the number? I would LOVE to call them and ask for the seeds.
pleeeeze.... = )
ICE
P/S.. please send the number or the email addy to icedhunny@juno.com because I can't always get online to check out these forums... (hence me JUST NOW seeing this one!)
Hope is has not expired yet.
Thanks

ICE,
I don't have the magazine in front of me..so just click on the above link in the thread beginning and it will take you to the Botanic homepage, with the email address and 800 phone number :)
Trish

Lakota, ND(Zone 3a)

Thanks Trish for the free herb seed info. Got mine in the mail today. I have passed it on to others.

Pat

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I e-mailed them also on the 21st, so I should be getting them in a couple of days. They did e-mail me back the next day and said they were sending them!! I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the info on this one! sue

Williamsburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanx Trish! Went to the website and my catalogue and seed packet are on the way.
Sayre

Thanks for the tip Dicentra. I just emailed the site and have had an email in return. They are sending the catalog and the free seeds, even at this late date. Thanks much.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.