Look out! Fall's on the way ...

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

My disanthus has decided enough is enough.
It's ready for fall.

Thumbnail by Weerobin
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Already?? No summer, then?

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

WOW! If you get any cool air, we sure could use it down here in south GA - it was at least 98 yesterday! WHEW & no relief in sight, unless the good Lord steers us a tropical storm! Samantha

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

It was hot up here in north Ga too, miserable! We haven't had rain in 2 weeks and I noticed yellow leaves falling off my sweetgum tree. I was thinking to myself... fall is on the way.... wishful thinking! It did cool off one night, I opened the front door to let the cat in and it was nice.....

Susan

11° this morning and yesterday morning. Couple of days ago, it didn't get above 14° all day. Hottest so far this year, only 22°. And today is the first dry day for over 2 weeks.

I WANT SOME SUMMER!!

Resin

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Samantha--if the good Lord sends y'all a tropical storm, please share! We're only getting up to 100 today but up in Tupelo the weatherman said they could get up to 115! I'm having to water everything about every 5 days or it will absolutely keel over. I'm ready for fall for sure!!!

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Will do my best, NatureLover! (I'll send my recommendations to the "Man Upstairs"!) It was 102 here today, but now it looks to be clouding up - even that is a blessing - anything to lower the temp! Samantha

Resin - I hope that's degrees Celcius!

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Clouds?!?! Quick, let's all do a rain dance!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Don't get the mistaken impression that our temperatures warrant fall color.
It was 98 degrees here yesterday. It was supposed to be the same today, but I didn't actually check to be sure.
The low temperature last night was 80... 'sweltering' comes to mind.
My poor disanthus was just planted this spring.
I'm sure he's just acting out his frustrations upon realizing this isn't the pacific northwest.
Just a little stressed.
But I DO love fall and any sign of it gives me hope that sooner or later, the heat will end!

Quoting:
Resin - I hope that's degrees Celsius!

Of course! It's the only sensible way of measuring temperature! Fahrenheit sucks.

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Resin - I agree! Fahrenheit makes no sense at all! I mean - WHO picked 32 degrees as freezing, and 212 as boiling ? Zero & 100 make sense!!! Hey if you REALLY want some summer, come over the pond to South GA. for a visit - I promise your desire for SUMMER - complete with complimentary gnats (all you can "blow"!) - will be sated! Samantha

rhinelander, WI(Zone 4a)

35F here two nights ago --- no gnats jim

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Fire today in the fireplace, rain has started and no fires this year at all. It was a spectacular summer. Garden is most beautiful and fall is on the way. It actually is my favorite season. Lots of garden beauties and color is peaked at the next 2 months. Love summer but love more the spring and fall. No hot weather in Montana but 2 days in the 90's.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.