Have you used Messenger?

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

What's the verdict on Messenger?

Does anybody use it?

Do you find that it does what it''s supposed to do?

Let's get some opinions!!!!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Yes I have used it... and liked it. However, I have used more MightyPlant made by the same folks. It has a touch of Messenger in it, the rest is fertilizers. Frankly I use it so seldom that I really forget what's in it. I try for the most part to use compost, alfalfa tea, fish emulsion, well-rotted horse manure and such...

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

darius,

It's used as a foliar spray, correct?

Yes, but Mighty Plant can also be used to drench the roots, which I do when I use it.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Messenger is great. However...be sure that what your plants are going to take up is healthy for them. I nearly lost my Greenhouse full of plants when the salinity was high and I didn't know it....yep...the Harpin Protein encouraged the plants to take up the salinity and....well....it was not a happy time!!!!

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

No, I have not used Messanger before. I have heard of it. But I don't know what it's good for. Is it a fertilizer?

Messenger is harpin technology... makes the plants increase their defense system. Mighty Plant, by the same company makes a liquid foliar and root fertilizer with a bit of Messenger in it. Best of both worlds if you are using non-organic fertilizers.

http://www.edenbio.com/garden/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=36
http://www.edenbio.com/garden/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I also have Mighty Plant which I use outdoors....it is good. I nearly lost my whole greenhouse when I had some coir in my mix reabsorb the salts (coir attracts and holds salts) and then I used Messenger. Yep...the plant guzzled the good stuff AND the salts...causing all kinds of problems. Had to repot about 4000 plants in a hurry!!!!

Thanks for the links, darius.

AlohaHoya, Wow, 4000 plants! What all are you growing? Why a greenhouse in Hawaii? I thought the weather would be perfect for all sorts of plants.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I grow Hoyas. In order to be Certified to ship out of Hawaii (by Hawaiian Ag - don't ask, it is complicated), we have to grow under controlled circumstances which need a greenhouse. I only grow the hoyas in it...everything else grows outdoors except for stuff which may not like all the rain we get!!!

Carol

Carol, okay that makes since.

Pioneer, CA

I've used Messenger for about 3 years and I do like it, seems to have made a difference, my roses are so healthy!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.