Suggestions for more plantings.

Myrtle Beach, SC(Zone 8b)

I've finally gotten somewhere with my little strip of dirt. Any suggestions on what to add if anything??
So far I have a loquat Loropetalum and some oranamental grasses.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2008 11:12 PM

Thumbnail by tcinmb

Another:

Thumbnail by tcinmb
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

What you planted will fill that space up. The loquat it's self will be a tree pretty fast.

Thanks!!

With all of the expertise out there is this the only feedback I can get???

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I personally would add some lower growing perennials for some color(lower growing being perspective to the fact the loquat will be tall LOL)...What kind of sun does this area get BTW - your final choices will have to bear that in mind....some of my favs and easy care plants for full to part sun are

Gaura
Coreopsis
Daylilys
Salvias
Crocosmia
Nippon Daisys
Worchesters Beard
Lantana

I would fill in with some colorful annuals that would do great in your area - Cleome, Vinca, Asters, Cosmos and creeping zinnia

but knowing what colors you like, how much time you have to spend watering and what the sun is like in this area will determine the final outcome of what appeals to you...does your budget denote big box stores or can it stand some specialty online ordering - Do you like evergreen or do you prefer lots of blooms? lots to determine before you fill it up! LOL

Thanks so much for your reply. This area gets full sun in the afternoon. I did find some Lantana and Dianthus the other day. Thought that would look good. I don't have much experience with full sun gardening but I am learning.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.