looking for a tall pink or white perennial

Somers, NY(Zone 6b)

I have rudbeckia autumn sun and a tall blue agastache in the back of my flower bed and need a tall plant (5 feet or so) in either pink or white to compliment - one that blooms around now. It would need to tolerate the same sunny, dry conditions. Any suggestions?

Joyce

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Some Oriental lilies grow that tall and bloom now. Hydrangea arborescens, quercifolia or paniculata can work if you have the width. Also, Phlox paniculata David would work.

(Zone 4a)

I was thinking some kind of phlox too....

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I have Harrington's Pink aster that is pink and 6'.
Culver's Root would be a pretty tall white.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

balloon flowers... long bloom time if you dead head... mine are about 4 foot tall

Thumbnail by onewish1
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I was thinking of the taller phlox, too. I especially like 'Andre', as it looks more blue in the early morning and late evwening light, and then more magenta during the hours of more sunlight. It takes a while to 'fill in', but it's a very nice backdrop for the other plants.

This photo was taken last week and this is the first year for this plant. It's hardy, too, having dealt with snows of more than six feet last winter, and even some of the road chemicals seeped into the ground near where it is planted. It's doing well for us.

Thumbnail by Candyce
South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

I have several hardy hibiscuses that grow well in full sun and dry soil. They come in an array of colors, pink, white w/pink center, rose pink, and maroon. They can get pretty tall, and bloom here in a week or so. They do get kind of bushy, so depends on space. This is one from last year, it's was first season for it. It's close to 4' this year.

Thumbnail by DONNA_11
Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

How about filipendula, Queen of the Prairie? Mine is blooming like crazy right now, big pouffy pink clouds. Needs staking, though.

Julie

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

The taller varieties of Gaura produce little pink&white flowers which wave around in the breeze on slender 4ft+ stalks. Sort of nice peeking through other foreground flowers.

Somers, NY(Zone 6b)

Wonderful ideas. Thanks! Joyce

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.