This forum is too quiet...Need some action

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Too quiet in this forum so I'm going to post some pictures of my heuchs. Join in and post some of yours. Let's liven this place up. Everyone must be on vacation, or in the garden or working way too hard. Take a break!

I'll start with Caramel.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

This one is Stormy Seas.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Here's Marmalade.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Raspberry Ice... one of my favorites.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Snow Angel

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Here is Regina... something took a big chomp out of her biggest leaf last night..grrrrrr. She's just starting to get some pretty color in her.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Midnight Rose... haven't had this one for very long.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

This is an unknown tiarella. Any suggestions on what it is would be welcome.

Thumbnail by staceysmom
(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

What perfect timing with the pictures! I have been looking at various sites to decide what kind I want to purchase to add to my hosta plantings. Much nicer to see what is in someone's yard. A big Thank You!!! Easy decision---I want them all!!!!!

This is Silver Scrolls.... going to plant it in a pot until I find some room some place. It looks better than when I first got it. A rescue from HD.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

You are welcome! I totally agree about seeing them in someones yard.... sometimes hard to tell from the pics they have on-line.

Yes, it is. The colors look so bright and beautiful and then you wonder how much "touch up" went into the photo. Guess they are allowed to do that with plant picutures. Well anyways, I am getting some great ideas what would look nice in my beds. Keep them coming, please.

Plum Pudding. Hard to photograph this one... behind a fence to keep it away from my little 'garden-helper' puppy.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Another one just added.......

Palace Purple.... behind the same fence.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

I'm sure they pick their very best specimen plants to photograph always. When I have bought on-line, sometimes the plant looks entirely different when I get it in person!

Here is Melting Fire... a small plant, relatively new for me.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

That has definitely been my experience. I was looking for colors, sizes, growing habits, etc so I could make my selections. This is so much better. Hopefully next year, I will have some to post!!! Working on landscaping at a new home--older home but new to me.

This is Green Spice.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Still want them all!! LOL

Heucherella Burnished Bronze.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Wow, that's gorgeous!!! Jot name down.....

I have most of these in a new landscaping project I just did this last spring. It's already full so will have to do another one next spring. Good luck with yours!

And the last one I have..... Tiramasu.
Thanks abbisgranma.

GayLynn

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Glad you posted that one!! I bought 3 of those and they did absolutely nothing. I don't think they were the healthiest of plants when they arrived. Really upset me as I was looking forward to seeing that one develop more.

I've heard a lot of people having problems with the Tiramasu. This one was very yellow at one time. I moved it to complete shade and it is doing well now. I think it is supposed to have more of the brown veining than it has now..... I'll just wait and see.

It will be interesting to see how it develops. Post pictures so we can see what happens. I saw one on the cover of the New Parks (new to me) called Southern Comfort that looks really wild with colors. Was thinking about ordering but am a little hesitant right now.

I've seen that one, not in person, very pretty, I love the bright color of it. I also like the Peach Flambe. It's another of the brightly colored ones. But yup kind of a skeptic.... plus I have no more room right now.

Thanks GayLynn!
Great photos!
How about a shot of the whole garden?

Potagere

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

GayLynn,
What a great collection. I want everyone of yours!!
Debbie
I've run out of room too.

Thanks! I'll try to post a pic of the whole garden soon.

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

GayLynn - They are all so pretty and doing very well!

Are they all in your full shade garden or two different locations? They all have nice coloring so I'm curious.

I like your puppy proof fencing! Looks much nicer than mine - chicken wire around the plants staked in with golf club shafts! It's embarrassing! But, it works until the plants are larger so they don't get stepped on. Once they've grown, they jump over them or walk (or run) in the paths I've left for them, at least most of the time! What we have to do to accommodate both plants and pets! What kind of pup?

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

GayLynn - great idea for a thread, and great looking plants! I'll join in with some of mine. Most are new this year.

Plum Pudding, in front of some chokeberries.

Thumbnail by StPaulPeg
Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Venus.

Thumbnail by StPaulPeg
Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

A little Melting Fire.

Thumbnail by StPaulPeg
Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Eco-magnififolia, planted last year, in the back. The dirt went into this bed about three years ago, and has subsided, so I think I'm going to have to refill and reset the plants. The next shot will be closer up.

Thumbnail by StPaulPeg
Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Eco - close up.

Thumbnail by StPaulPeg
Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

StPaul - Nice plants, your Venus is especially beautiful! And, I've never seen Eco-magnifolia so I'm glad you posted a picture of that one.

I really love your woodland setting. You must have some nice mature trees on your property and I like the fact you utilize all the leaves as mulch. How nice, they're free, serve as mulch, and break down feeding your soil, that's the best!

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Creme Brulee, planted last year, kind of languishing - I think the root competition from the nearby choke cherry is getting to it. It might move soon.

Thumbnail by StPaulPeg
Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Medinac. Frankly, I'm a little tired of the oak leaves, but I am just too cheap to pay to have someone haul the oak leaves away in the fall and then to buy mulch later.

The Venus was a sale plant, I think it was a little over $4.

Here's the last picture I'll post today. It's a tiny Tiramisu, that got stepped on by my 80 lb puppy a month or so back. I use the little fences as dog deflection devices. Both will run right through the plants, but will jump over the little fences.

Thumbnail by StPaulPeg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.