Economical Household Cleaners

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I got these recipes from my parenting magazine, July or August 08 issue. I see threads about such a lot but I'm wondering, what would be the shelf life of these? How long can they sit and be effective?

Ingredients: baking soda, distilled white vinegar, olive oil, lemon

All Purpose Mix: 1 part vinegar + 1 part water, in a spray bottle. Good on glass, countertops, and toilets. Do not use on marble. I'm wondering, how sanitary is it to just clean a toilet with vinegar???

Laundry: Add 1/2 cup vinegar during the rinse cycle to soften clothing and cut down on odors.

Bathroom: Mix water and baking soda to form a paste to scrub fixtures and tile. You can sprinkle baking soda in the toilet bowl, add a splash of vinegar to make if fizz, then clean with toilet brush.

Wood: Combine 2 parts lemon juice + 1 part olive oil. Pour a small amount on a clean rag and use to polish wood surfaces.

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!