Daily farm journal, Feb. 13

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello. Everyone must be busy today. We were hoping for another sunny day, but the fog moved in overnight and it was 14* this morning, made pretty frosty coats on everything, and frosty whiskers on the horses. When I was feeding the horses this morning hubby said we all just disappeared into the fog, the sound of the tractor engine goes away sooner than normal. He chops the water hole and cleans the ice out of it while I feed and look at the horses to be sure none are lame or bleeding, etc. The snow surface thawed out yesterday when we had sun and 35* then froze. Very hard to walk out there because the surface just supports you until you start to lift your other foot, then crunch! and down you go with both feet stuck. I had hoped to get out for a ride today, looks like I won't make it because of the icey crust, temp is waaaay up to 20* and holding. What's everybody doing? Dave, are your peas up yet? Count your blessings and enjoy the day everyone.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!