OK, Seedlings.............................

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi Guys,

How big do you guys leave your seedlings grow before transplanting from the seedling tray?

Hot Pink Cyliman seedlings. Amongst other's.

Thanks,
Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Debi, long time no hear. I hope all is well with you and yours.
You can usually transplant seedlings when they are easy to handle, but try not to leave them too long, indicated by roots growing out the bottom.
Your cyclamen will need to be watered from the bottom, rather than the top, as they will probly get a bit fungusy! I put mine in a saucer/tray, and just put a little water in the bottom. Try not to overdo it though. Congratulations on getting them happening , well done!
Sue

Hey Sue,

Nice to hear from you again.

I have been around, but posting in different area's with different question's.

Yeah, I was excited to see how many actually sprouted and doing well. Like "our" little babies, hey!

What conditions do they like the best?

Summer here can get very hot and my back porch nearly has sun all day.

When I find something not doing to well out back, I bring them to the front porch which only gets morning sun and they seam to like it better.

So, still learning heaps, forget sometimes to write down where I got things but I am slowly getting better.

Do you have any info you might be able to share about these Cacti/Succulents. I have 6 baskets with bits and pieces in all of them and I was hoping I might be able to narrow them down to maybe 3 baskets?

I do not know what they are called, I am not sure how to tell the healthy parts and the "old" parts.
I have searched under everything that I could think of, not knowing the name, but I couldn't find any info.
I have had to have another cancer removed from my forearm this time and just waiting to get results as to wheather it is Maligment or Benine, lol.

I hope all is well in your world my friend,

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

I am pretty sure that one in the photo is an Aporocactus OR Disocactus (depending on which botanist you favour) Here is a link to the Plant Files ones - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=aporocactus&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&search_prefs%5Bblank_cultivar%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search
What do the plants in the other 5 baskets look like? are they the same kind of thing or do they look different?

Ciao, KK.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Debi and KK. Sorry to hear about your arm Debi. Scarey stuff eh? I hope the results are for the best. Do keep me informed ok?
The cyclamen usually die down for the summer in cool climates but may stay green all year in our warmer areas, so keep them somewhere dry and out of extreme heat over summer (write that down) and then in autumn they should start with new leaves again and they like a well lit spot (morning sun is good) and cool night temps through winter, aswell as bottom watering as mentioned. I'm not too sure when you might expect them to flower. I've lost quite a few, but have 4 or 5 still going well, but no flowers.
I'll let KK fill you in with the cacti, as she is more of an expert in that field than I am.
good luck with it all, and for your health too.
Sue

Hello Ladies,

Good News/Bad News.

Bad News - Maligment Cancer

Good News - They got it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lookin' ok this end. Thanks. . . . . . .For Caring,

Debi

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Ohhh! Touch Wood Debi (bangs self on head, LOL!) Please look after yourself. Spend time with your plants if you can, they are the best therapy going.

Best of luck, KK.

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

I second that.

Hey Guys,

I have to fight it, I have to be around to give you guys a hard time. LOL

Debi

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Be Strong Debi:)

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Glad to hear disaster averted. Cheers Debi, bottoms up!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.