July 15th Blooms

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

First up are some Rum Runner twins....

Thumbnail by AmandaTaylor7
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Secondly and lastly for mine today that are "post worthy" is a shot of my Celia ... my ever faithful red!

Thumbnail by AmandaTaylor7
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Very Pretty Amanda!!!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Robert. :) Got all of my new babies in the ground and can't wait for the first blooms!! :)

BTW, found out what the weird thing was in saucer-looking discs on my flowerbeds. Bird's Nest Fungus. ?? Very odd. People are saying to leave it and it will go away but ... I'm not much for leaving that sort of thing growing in my yard. Looks kind of freaky. I'm looking for a fungicide that's hibiscus safe for now. Do you know of one?

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

I use consan 20 when I need to. It is good for basically everything that I do and it has never harmed any of the plants.

Robert

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Rumrunner is gorgeous

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Cat!! Rum Rummer is one of my favorites ... she's only about 18-20 inches tall and produces about 3-5 blooms per day. :) Very faithful. I've got some newbies from Robert that I can't wait to post!!! Watching the buds open up now. ;)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm cheating. These are from 07/14 to 07/17.

Anna Nicole

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Art Colony

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Bienvenue

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Burnished Gold

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Cherry Appaloosa

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Cherry Cola

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Cosmic Dancer

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Crazy Horse

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

creole Darlin

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Double Agent

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Will do the rest of the alphabet tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Uh oh, I LOVE that double agent.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Oooh, nice Bienvenue!!!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

They are ALL stunning! Bienvenue sure caught my eye, too Amanda!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

K AuntB - that's our next one to get!!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Sure, I can shove..... I mean find room for ONE more in the basement this winter.. it's going to be interesting this fall but you know I'll make it work. I can't, no more this year. Oh! I want one! I have some that aren't blooming yet this year. I'm going to move them to a different spot for more or less sun. Cosmic Dancer is pretty vibrant, too!!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Bienvenue is a must!!!! I originally got one for my sister-n-law. When it bloomed, I had to have one for myself, lol.

A few more pics for tonight and I will finish up tomorrow.

El Cap (red)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Etouffee

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Gator Pride

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Green Shadow
You must click on picture to see actual colors. It is really quite beautiful.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2008 3:46 AM

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hot Bikini

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hurricane Lily

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

India

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Key Lime Pie

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Lemon Life

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Lost Treasure

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

PS.
Aunt B,
I have about 50 plants that have never bloomed. Including Rum Runner! Still waiting for that one! Nightrunner did great during the winter, but no buds for summer, as of yet.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Cat - you are spending my money when you post these gorgeous shots up here!!!! ;) Rum Runner hasn't bbloomed for you yet? That's odd.

I'm going to email Robert with a request for a Bienvenue. If he's got one!

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Amanda, your Rum Runner is fabulous!!! Don't you just love this plant that blooms almost daily?

Cat, another gorgeous series of blooms. So far, I'm going to have to agree with Amanda and Aunt B and go with your Bienvenue, fantastic!!! Your Gator Pride always seems to bloom prettier than mine - must be a "Florida" thing, lol :-)

Looking forward to the rest of the alphabet! I've got a bunch to post from this week too, should I put them here or start a new weekend thread??

karen

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Karen - thank you very much! :) You are kind. YES, I do love that it blooms almost daily!! I put it right in front of my large bedroom window so that I cna enjoy those blooms personally every day, rain or shine. :) I have this antique-styled settee (sp?) right in front of that window, so I'll curl up on it and read some books while occasionally peeking out at those Rum Runners. :) I really do enjoy them.

I can't imagine why Cat's hasn't bloomed?? Cat - how long have you had your Rum Runner? I have no advice to give a pro like you but I'm just curious. This is intriguing to me.

Yep, Cat's Bienvenue is fabulous. And the photo - so professional!

Post them wherever you want, Karen! Either way we are going to enjoy those bloom shots!! ;)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Karen,
Put them here!!!

Medicine Man

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Midnight Moon

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Moonlight Madness

Thumbnail by cat4gp

Post a Reply to this Thread