How do I clean a burnt stockpot?

Mesilla Park, NM

Help, we have an electric stove and it seems that almost all my pots are getting burnt on the bottom and it is nearly impossible to scrub the stuff off.. I don't want to throw my stock pot out or the sauce pans either.. what can I do.. I'm really starting to hate that electric stove, at first I thought how easy it was to just wipe down and clean, (No burners) but this is getting ridiculous and I can't and don't want to buy more pots.. I'd rather get a new stove! I've had this one pot soaking for days, and it hasn't loosened any thing, the other two are just waiting to see what I can use.. I did try some oven cleaner on the smaller pots, but the still have a little stuff on them and I am afraid it removed some of the metal. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
A.

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!