(Sparks747) Donna Lorraine White

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Donna L. White VIRGINIA BEACH - Donna Lorraine White, known on DG as Sparks747, passed away peacefully to be with God June 2, 2008, in Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center surrounded by her family. She was born March 30, 1964, in Norfolk and later resided in Virginia Beach. She was a graduate of Norview High School and later went on to earn a bachelor's degree at Hampton University. Donna worked for the City of Virginia Beach for about six years after working for Chubb Ins. Co. She is survived by her parents, Maurice C. and Barbara A. White; her sister, Dianne Carmack (Robert); her two brothers, Maurice C. White Jr. (Kecia) and Marcellus T. White; her godchild, Joseph Downing III; and a host of aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. A funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday in the Fruit of the Spirit Missionary Baptist Church in the chapel of Talbot Park Baptist Church, 6919 Granby St., Norfolk. The Rev. Eugene White will be presiding. Graves Funeral Home will be in charge of arrangements. [HYPERLINK@www.gravesfuneralhomeinc.com.]

Per her friend, Harper, "[Donna] had several lovebirds in her home as pets. Her favorite was Sparks. She would talk all the time about Sparks. She also loved orchids, orchid cacti, exotic philodendrons and african violets. She was so positive and optimistic. She truly had a strong connection with her spirit, and God. She was a beautiful person. I will miss her dearly." "She was really special."

I didn't have the opportunity to "meet" Donna, but I've read some of the postings on her guest book and they echo the sentiments below. God has taken, yet again, another angel to fill his heavenly group. We will meet someday Donna. Here is one posting from a friend (not a DG member, to the best of my knowledge)...may her family find peace soon.

In His Love,
Kathy

"To the family of Donna White, my thoughts and prayers go out to you during this time of loss. Donna was a special person with a big heart. She was always concerned for the welfare of others. I wish I would have [taken] more time to talk with her when we would pass in the hallways after she moved to building 30. Her locker is only 2 or 3 doors down from mine. I am going to miss seeing her smiling face in the morning before I go home. I do not know how long she was sick, I do know that she is in a much better place now. May God comfort and keep you all. "

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Peace and comfort be to her family..

"eyes"

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Donna, God Bless you and keep you in his loving arms always and forever.

Love,
Harper

Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

Harper,
I am so sorry you lost your friend. I lost a dear DG friend recently as well, two of them, and visit here often just to think of them. It is a nice place to come to just to remember.
Sharon

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Donna's family: May the peace of a higher power be with you.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

This is the flower that brought me and Donna together. It hasn't bloomed since then... until now. It's blooming for you Donna!

Thumbnail by Sofonisba

Beautiful. And isn't it strange how that happens, but it always brings a smile.

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

My condolences. . .

Crossville, TN

I'm sorry that I didn't get to know Donna....eventhough I lived in her area for many years.

Condolences to the family. Jo

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Here's Donna. Ain't she a peach? I know she's so happy to be in God's arms now.

Thumbnail by Sofonisba
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Geesh. Here's a better one.

Thumbnail by Sofonisba

How beautiful, Harper. Thank you for sharing her with us.
I know how you feel and my heart is with you and her family.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Harper i'm so sorry, I didn't realize you'd lost a friend, my sincere condolences to you and Sharran for your loss's.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

: ) Love to you both, Sharon and Celeste.

And to you, too, dear Harper.

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

What a great picture. It is always so helpful to put a face with a name. Thanks for sharing.

:) Kathy

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

she was just beautiful. i didn't get a chance to know her here on dg but i do love that picture. thank you for sharing.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Harper, those pictures of her are so good. She looked like a sassy and lively lady! My condolences. ((hugs))

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Donna, in spite of my neglect, or perhaps inspired by, the christmas cactus you gave me has lived through bugs, drought, you name it, and today it's blooming.

Thinking of you,
Harper

It's tough isn't it Harper, we come here to grieve, to talk with our buddies. And sometimes we feel better, but sometimes not.
But at least we can come here.
Blessings to you. You are a good friend.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Same to you Sharon. : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.