ORVG Blooms III:)

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

New thread for those on dial up. :)

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/873112/

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Marcy...lovely...so much work....it shows you love it.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks everyone..so much! I believe the red coreopsis is Limerock ruby. I just hope it lives. They are supposed to be hardy here, but I tried it once before and it didn't make it? Guess I will find out.
Joyce, I DO love it....it's the biggest part of my life...it's what I do. Which is why I was so upset to find out I needed new knees.
But I do it for others to enjoy. We get so many people who either stop or slow down to look. And that makes me happy.
Don....Ok..I have seen those pickles. I'll have to try them.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I tried that coreopsis, too. Didn't live for me either. If yours makes it, I'll try again, cause I LOVE it!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yes...and you are warmer there than I am! Ut ohhhh!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, it was real new when I tried it, so maybe it has become hardier now. That's what we'll both hope for!

Columbus, OH

Wasn't hardy for me, either--I don't feel like the inept gardener any more. Hope yours does well for you, though!

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

None of the threadleaf varieties grow for me :(

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

You're going to have to have a SERIOUS talk with that one before winter sets in, Marcy.

Here is Lady in Red Hydrangea with a little Endless Summer behind it.

Thumbnail by joycet
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is where the urn with my angel will go. It will be in the middle with plants surrounding it.

That's a My Monet wiegilia. This bed has more plants in it now. Including Day Lilies and Petite BeeBalm.

Thumbnail by joycet
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Here are my phlox. They seem to be doing okay in there new home.

Thumbnail by joycet
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh Joyce...that is going to be wonderful with the paths! I love the way you went around the tree! What are you using for your paths?
Sandy...until you said that...I hadn't realized...but none of the threadleafs do well for me either!! Never have been able to keep the yellow variety alive.
Right Joyce! I am gonna 'TALK' to this one!!! One thing in it's favor...it has more than doubled in size since I planted it....so I know it's growing!
Celene....never feel inept with gardening! Some things do well for some...not for others. Some things like a certain spot..but not another. Who knows???? All we can do is try it! Sometimes we get lucky....LOL!!!
I just remembered...I didn't take any shots of my shade garden..geesh!!! Will try to get some today.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, Marcy, I would love to have brick or something along those lines, but unfortunately, the pocketbook won't go along with that, so I am planning on red mulch. It will differenciate the path from the garden. At this point, I don't know if I'll be mulching with horse manure top-dressing or mulch. Depends on if I can get the "good stuff" in the amount I need!

Isn't this cute? It's not supposed to get any taller, it's a Dwarf phlox.

Thumbnail by joycet
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yes...I like that phlox!! Does it smell good too?
I know what you mean about the brick. I would love that too, but had to settle for gravel..lol!
We have that tall phlox by the front door, and Dave said...this morning...that Mandy cat was standing at the open door, with her head up in the air...sniffing the air!! She loves flowers too!! And that phlox is soooooooo wonderful!!
Ok...I gotta get outside and do something for a while!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Especially, David, the white. I could just stand there for hours!!!

Not sure if the little one smells or not. Next time I'm on my knees planting, I'll crawl over there!! =o)

Joyce, love the pictures! Marcy, love yours too! How did you get the bananas to live outside all winter? I mean, what did you do? LOL My tropical bed looks better this year than it ever has. My banana is over my head now, and I've NEVER had them get that big. My Lime Zinger is gorgeous too. I guess I need to get some recent pictures. :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Come on Melissa, get out there and SNAP!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok...still here...lol. Melissa....these are Musa basjoo..or however it's spelled. Got them from Chele. First...I planted them up close to the south side of my house. Then...I covered them with gobs of straw...about a foot deep. Two of them didn't even die completely back...one did...but came back from the roots. They aren't very big though???? But I haven't fertilized them either..other than put some ...oh shoot...can't think...you know...the kind that is slow release! Don't know why they aren't growing????'
And YESSSSSSSS...get out there and get some pictures...we wanna see!!!!
Joyce, I have some David phlox too...but it is almost buried by hollyhocks. I may have to move it!
Osmocote............finally remembered....LOL!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Howdy guys! I'm busy sorting my photo files of recent pictures.

I thought this one was to pretty not to share it. The daylily is Morticia and the white yarrow is soon to be gone. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This one is just a bizarre color. It's a violet gray and interesting. It's Unique Purple.

I'm probably going back to my hole now. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh that's a pretty one Chele! And the white yarrow looks nice with it...but I know what you mean...about GONE!! LOL!

Here are a couple I said I would take of my shade garden in the orchard.

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I don't know..I kinda like it myself Chele! But then I like purple and mauve...and...and..and..!!

This is my last one. Not of the shade garden ...but the big perennial garden..backside of it...which is next to the shade garden. Dave just mows it now. You can see how large the grasses are. I love that green and white striped grass. There are 3 of them in there.

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Marcy! Both photos are beautiful! My gardens want to look like yours when they grow up. :)

Did anyone give me a white Phlox paniculata at one of the RUs? I didn't know what it was and posted for ID. Fujiyama and David were both suggested as cultivars. I have no idea where it came from and I didn't mark it when I planted it.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Jazz, if you are lurking...the Sandy Holmes seedling you gave me last year is doing well!

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Nothing really exciting but I like the reds and yellows with the variegated Miscanthus.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Opposite end of the color scale. Purple seedlings.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Ric, see the monster grass in the center? That is one of the clumps you gave me last year in a garbage bag. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This plant is very special to me. When we were moving plants here in 2005, Mystic came, stayed the weekend, supplied the food and helped me plant for a whole weekend. I received a huge box from Vic in NC. It was stuffed full of Hosta and Hydrangea. The Hydrangea finally decided to bloom this year. :) I was so worried I had put it in the wrong spot.

I wrote to Vic to tell her and show her and she was jealous mine were blooming pink. Her's bloom blue which I like better. I guess we should trade soil. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Chele...ALL are gorgeous!! And that variegated Miscanthus is what is in my picture!! So you know what yours will look like!! That tall one that Ric gave you is what I have out front. Remember? The ones I wanted to get rid of???? LOL! I think they are there for life!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Umm, it is full size but in a garden that gets no extra water. LOL I divide it every so often. The base on that one is 2-3 feet across.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ohhh ok. Well mine don't ever get watered either...except by rain. And you can see how tall mine are. Yours doesn't seem to be much taller than the daylilies in the picture?????

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Guessing but the red daylilies are three feet tall and the yellow ones are four feet plus. The grass is around 4-5 but I've not measured it.

How old is your grass? It normally grows to about 6' tall when mature. I need to leave mine alone. :)

Here is a 4' tall seedling in front of another clump by the pond. I love the contrast.

Thumbnail by Badseed
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ohhh well..mine is much taller than Dave...who is 6'1"....so maybe about 8-9 ft? Guess maybe it didn't know it was supposed to stop at 6 ft...lol! It is about 6-7 yrs old, I think. They were just little bitty things when I planted them.
Yes...those daylilies look great in front of that grass.

Here's my tropical "bed" I did a much smaller area than I usually do, and I like this better.

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio

My Lime Zinger is really doing good this year. When I bought it, it was a smallish pot of 3. I'm hoping to be able to dig it out in one piece and move it to school with me along with my pots of Borneo giant's and O'dora.

The "understory" LOL

Chinese 5 color pepper, mostly 1 color right now

Love this daylily

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Garden walk again. All 50 1.00 DL's bloomed.

Thumbnail by daylilydaddy
morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by daylilydaddy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.