The SECRET by Rhonda Byrne

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I won't go into depth on the book itself, if you've seen the multiple shows on it on Oprah you'll know about it. I admit I was kinda skeptical just from watching the show not really "getting" the lightbulb moment. But I bought the book off Amazon and I'm halfway through, up to page 80. In just the excerpts I'd read today it talked about ALWAYS thinking you are a winner (mentioned a guy who always tells himself he'll get a great parking spot when he goes somewhere and never fails, he ALWAYS does). They say to start small in your thinking for what you'll get---mentioned thinking when you go to the mailbox, "I'm getting a check today" vs always dreading the mail thinking you'll get bills.

Now I don't dread my mail but some amazing things have happened just since reading these few passages.

Today I found 2 great sweepstakes to enter! That's pretty rare, I don't go looking for them, but 2 just happened to cross my path, one from the newspaper and another on TV. The other thing, my DH just got the mail. I got a $500 refund from a doctor I was not expecting!

Sooooo----I want to know, from any "graduates" of The Secret, what great success's are you enjoying?! Yes, I know there are some who think the whole book is pooh. I've read those reviews on Amazon. Please don't rain on my parade. If I want rose colored glasses let me.

I ordered 2 other books the author highly recommended from Amazon: Charles Haanels The Master Key System about how to visualize your wants (less than 7 bucks!) and Wallace Wattles The Science of Getting Rich about gratitude (also, less than 7 bucks!). These were both written at the turn of the century (1900) but excerpts from them (and the whole basis of The Secret, which has been known by the greats for centuries) are still relevant.

http://www.thesecret.tv/ video clip on there of the DVD.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2008 6:50 AM

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!