NJ gathering?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I love this herb farm in Port Murry, NJ.... near hackettstown... I have been on the tours a few times and was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a day out of it

Herb Garden Tours

Farm lecture tours are available for groups of 12 or more. Tour our impressive culinary, medicinal, and formal herb gardens, and visit the gift shop and farm animals. Lecture topics include the history, uses, and cultivation of herbs, as well as herbal recipe suggestions. Tours may be tailored to meet your group’s specific interests or chosen topics.
Offered May through October, tours are $4.50 per person with a non-refundable deposit of $20.00. Box lunches are available for groups of 15 or more, or if you prefer to bring your own, a picnic area is provided. Call us today to schedule your group’s tour.

http://www.wellsweep.com/index.html

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh and by the way they have a special event on fairy gardening

here some of the topics that can be covered
http://www.wellsweep.com/Events1.htm

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You know I'll be there.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

That sounds really interesting - the day herb tour, that is.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that makes 4.... need 9 more takers

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Do you know when it would be, then maybe I could make arrangements for Mom? Maybe I could get my niece to go as well since she loves to garden and she lives in Califon, not far from Hackettstown. If I knew how to put a link to her website I would so here it is in "longhand"
www.emmasage.blogspot.com

She has some wonderful pics and blogs about Emma, her daughter. There are some pics of my garden ( if interested)when she was down on Memorial Day, so you'd have to look around that time. She has quite an eye for those "great" shots

Jan

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

When are you thinking of doing this? It sounds nice....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

end of August .. or beginning of Sept?..... tell me what's good for you guys

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

For me, please just pick your day and I will try to make arrangements. With my situation we have good days and bad days. Looking forward to meeting you in person.
The aide should be here soon, so it's out to the garden for me.

Jan

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jen any days better or worse for you?

Franklin, NJ

Depending on the day and time you can count me in.I have thought about doing this for a while.I live about 45 minutes from there.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that makes 5

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

how is Sat. August 16th

Franklin, NJ

Onewish...I saw you mention the NJ State Fair(formerly the Sussex County Fair)in one of your posts.Have you ever gone to any nurseries nearby?I used to work at D'Angelos Garden World.

Franklin, NJ

Aug 16th should work for me.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oops I just realized the meet and greet in PA was the 16th.... that's no good

ok change that... how is Sept 6th... don't want to mess up labor day plans

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes I love D'Angelos.... my first trip up there was early this spring... what a great place

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sept 6th looks good so far.

Saddle Brook, NJ

Sept 6th is good for me too. Can't wait!

Franklin, NJ

I should be able to do Sept.6th

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wwwoooo hhhhooooo... welcome to your first post Michele!!!!!!!!!!!! :::sniff sniff:::: I am so proud

I will give them a call tomorrow and see if that is good for them

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I'll see what I can do about Sept. 6th. It's about a 3 hr ride for me. Really would like to come. I'll work on getting someone to stay with Mom that day.

Jan

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

just tried calling to see if that date was good with them... they closed at 5

going to try again tomorrow morning

:(

I want to be there, but cant. What is a cant?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

not sure.... but it is a long drive for you Sherrie

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well a bit of bad news.... that day was already booked for them... I asked them for September 13th at 10:00 and told her I would get back to her if it was good or not

just let me know

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That date looks fine, too.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I'll work on getting there on the 13th. Thanks for doin the legwork.
Beastly hot and humid today and the forecast isn't any better for several days.

Jan

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

whew... I was worried that date wouldn't be good for anyone.. well it's a start at least

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh and if you feel like going in for the long haul... they are also having a lecture in the afternoon... on the same day

September 13, Saturday, 1:00 to 3:00
Tea Time

Treat yourself to a relaxing afternoon discovering herb teas. Learn about growing and harvesting plants for teas and their distinct culinary attributes. Enjoy sampling various herb tea blends, then blend your own. You will take home two pint jars of tea. Refreshments will be served. Reservations required. $30.00.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I started a new thread since we went though so many dates... don't want to confuse anyone

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/878512/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.