Baron Norma

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

This came in a collection from Corralitos Gardens. CG says "2008 Introduction from Ron Miner".

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

David_Paul, it's wonderful! Congrats on growing such a beauty!

Joanne

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Thanks Joanne. Nice of Kevin at Corralitos to sent me a 2008 dahlia in my first order.

The light on the photo above makes it appear Baron Norma has white markings. This photo shows the overall color better...

This message was edited Jul 13, 2008 8:08 PM

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice clear pink David, what size is that?

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

4" to 6" Al. Small in Dahlialand I guess.

This message was edited Jul 13, 2008 10:54 PM

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

The most common size really.

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Great bloom! Some of my B-sized Corralitos are almost there, getting an early start sure helps.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Real pretty!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Great pink. Very cool to have a new intro.

Delhi, IA

Great___we get to see a new kid on the block. I like.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Lovely David_Paul! 4-6" is my favorite cutting size. Baron Norma looks to be a beauty with tons of petals. Enjoy them all!

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Poochella.....I will. Takes a while to learn what to plant where though. Definately need a dahlia garden next year. Mixing them with eggplants doesn't work...lol...

Corralitos sent a 2006 introduction too: Barbarry Cracker. See you and Al both grew Barbarry Ball:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/133888/

I think BB would look nice in an assortment with Barbarry Cracker but I dunno...until I see things together, I often get it wrong...

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

That is just really a perfect bloom David Paul. Reminds me of Mary's Jomanda. The 'Barbarry' hybrids are generally very wonderful blooms and your photo lends validity. I winced when I read the link and my comment on 'Barbarry Ball', as I killed all tubers last winter or the one before.

There is no "getting it wrong" when it comes to dahlias in my book: mix and match is fine, but Whatever is my motto. Just get them to grow and you've done that very well!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Man that's a beauty! I really like the ball dahlias.

Joanne

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

I love ball dahlia's too. I am with you Pooch, killed the my tuber of barberry ball. I have tried it two years in a row along with Camano Sitka, I just think you can grow some and not others.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Timona Pastel:

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Next year I'll remember to take the price stickers off the dahlia stakes.

Rock Run James:

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

o I like Rock Run James. LOL at least you don't have a candy wrapper hanging off the bloom. The wind brings strange things to my dahlias.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Dahlianut.....I get Big Mac wrappers in my garden. The nearest McDonalds is three miles away. That must be how long it takes a driver to eat a Happy Meal.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous blooms,David.

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Great blooms! I tried Timona this year, but so far haven't seen a decent bloom. RRJ is on fire! :)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yowser for the Rock Run James!
You're growing some gorgeous dahlias this year David_Paul.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Rock Run James is stunning. I didn't even notice the sticker being lost in the blast of colors.

Timona is also nice for the pastel pink pallette or palate!

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Thought a row of dahlias would screen the tomato and pepper garden from the road.

I was wrong.

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

The red peppers (right back) are Bhut Jolokias..... incendiary is not the word for these babies. They are lethal.

http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/profile_jolokia.asp

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

High Bid:

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Chicacum Cathleen (very productive):

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Cathleen is nice, what are the others ones you didn't name?
Looks like the tomatoes are the screen to me.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

David Paul, I took a photo with you in mind after a mention of trading tubers for fresh tomatoes last year: Paid $11.00 for this paltry, pale, pile of tasteless fruit this winter. Unfortunately for me, I killed many tubers over winter and didn't feel I could offer a trade, but would you consider it for next year? You can hold off on the fire-breathing peppers, but for a tomato with flavor, I would walk on hot coals!

Chimacum Cathleen is so lovely! Looks like you have a wonderful combo of flowers and veggies to enjoy.

Thumbnail by Poochella
Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

Rock Run James, definitely ROCKS! Congrats.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

WOW I like High Bid a lot!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.