Any Suggestions for assemly of Harbour Freight Greenhouse

Ellenboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I bought one of these greenhouse's 2 years ago. We got the foundation set, but the rest is still in boxes and I'm having a real hard time figuring out the rest! only part of the pieces are numbered. But I did figure out from the back of the pamplet how to tell the parts apart. My son and I usually stnad there look at the book for 10-15 minutes then turn around and go back in the house, never knowing where to start !!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

If you google "harbor freight greenhouse", many people have posted updates to the manual. I remember reading several of them.

Mesa, AZ

There is a ton of info and pics on Gardenweb including mudhouse's improvements. Do a search there for hfgh and stand back!!! Of course I struggled with my 10 by 12 and had it up before finding all the hints and pics.

Orangeburg, SC

Someone even sent me a link With Pictures of how to. The instructions suck and you Have to really brace it with 2x4s. Mine just got blew down. I loved it while it was up though. Took 3 of us 3 weekends to figure it out... Brandy

SAINT GEORGE, UT(Zone 9a)

Meagon24,
what size was your greenhouse, and did you finally get it put together. would you recommend someone buying this?

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Do lots of research before you buy, compare single vs. double or triple panes, does it come with auto vent openers or are they extra, can it be built on your own base or do you have to buy their base? Find out the shipping cost in advance, AND if they charge state tax (that can be a sizable price difference.)

It seems that even the same brand is sold in different packages in different places. Good Luck!

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

In case it's helpful to anyone, here's a link to my blog about building the Harbor Freight 10x12 greenhouse. I tried to be very honest about the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of the kit!

I'm still happy with mine (built in August 2007) but these do need modifications to withstand wind. Ours has survived some very nasty New Mexico winds. Also, some folks in very sunny states have reported early yellowing and brittleness of the polycarbonate panels (including me.) I discuss that in the blog too.
Sheri

http://hfgh10x12.blogspot.com/2007/08/this-is-greenhouse-we-bought-link-it.html

Thumbnail by oldmudhouse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.