I'm in !!

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

First dahlia for this year ;

Summer Rain
Short stemmed, they'll get longer as the season progresses.

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Just love Dahlias,,,,,,just hate staking , and the wind here would bend them double...very, very nice.

"eyes"

Delhi, IA

Neat one granny

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice Granny - you're on the board!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Quite appropriate picture too. A beauty!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Congrats! It's a beauty.

Joanne

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Very pretty

Aptos, CA

Go Granny, Go Granny Go!

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Awesome granny!

Parkersburg, WV

Beautiful first bloom, taj12

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice one!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Very luvly.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Wonderful bloom, Granny! It looks a bit like Al's Pk/Yel A ID NOID! How big is that mysterious watery bloom? I can never resist the draw of raindrops or dew on a dahlia....

Glad your season is underway. I'm looking forward to seeing all your Marquette offerings bloom here.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Bloom was about 10 inches across, the florist was thrilled with it.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Florist????????? What do you mean?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Selling off your firstborn! shame ,shame,shame.LOL

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

Love, love, love her colors & the picture you captured was incredible. Thanks.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Vancouver:

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

ohhhhh i gotta have that "summer rain" mom.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

by the way al,her firstborn (me) is to precoius to be sold.she wouldn't dare.

erika

Wow, a grand opening indeed!

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Canby Centennial- great depth of colors.

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Wyn's Tuscan Sun

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Be A Sport
This one is very red this year.

More likely 'Candy Cane'.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2008 2:31 PM

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Kenora Superb

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

o wow grannymarsh does the Be A Sport ever look different than the pics in plant files. I luv yours. Very bright red.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I really like Canby C. Marsha. That Wynn's looks similar to the Wynn one I got from Pooch.
Did I send you Candy Cane? Your Be A Sport looks exactly like it - even the puckered leaves it has.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Love that Canby Centennial- glowing color. Tuscan Sun looks pretty darn nice too!

Al, Is it Wyn's Autumn Reverie or Wyn's King Salmon? Put me down for return tubers if you can, as both of those are struggling here. All the new Wynne's tubers just bolted out of the ground this year, well ahead of any others. Don't know their secret but they have got dahlias down pat.

Canby Centennial is certainly colorful, reminds me of red raspberry sherbet. And I'll buy anything with "Wyn's" in the name, they just seem to look better than the originals. I'm with you on theirs Annie, I planted them dead last, given a nice place in the bed, and they are doing best of any, came up very fast too.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I took a trip to Wynne's farm last September and the amount of work and ensuing quality of plant is amazing. They are generous beyond words. Sent me home with tons of blueberries and these fruits of their non-dahlia labors as well. Just nice folks anyway you look at it, along with being excellent ambassadors and growers in the dahlia world.

Thumbnail by Poochella
Renton, WA(Zone 8a)

Pooch,
where's wynne's farm? I could use some nice veges like that for canning.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi Jburesh, haven't seen you about and am glad you're still among the NW living~! It seems like ages ago that I dropped plants off at your place for the swap.

Wynne's are outside of Ferndale, but the veggies are just a smidgeon of their acreage, and are mostly for personal use. By far most of their land is in blueberries, then dahlias, and a few rows of veggies. With the price of gas, I'd stay closer to home at the Renton or Issaquah Farmers Markets, perhaps? Their are wonderful heirloom tomatoes at the Iss. market, or there were last year anyway.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Granny all of your Dahlia are beautiful! I really like Wyn's Tuscan Sun....so bright!!!

Renton, WA(Zone 8a)

mmm, blueberries, would love some of those for pies. Hoping to get to the farmer's market in bellevue tonight.

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Tomatoes, I have tomatoes!!! Theres 50 lbs sitting in my kitchen glaring at me, must can tomorrow. Bumper crop this year, I have canned 50 lbs already and there must be another 200 lbs out in the garden that are getting ready to ripen. We will eat well this winter if I can keep up the pace.

Granny , your kenora is a beauty and I have to agree with everyone on Wyn's. I can see where my dahlia searching will take me this winter.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Mingus Julie M

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Marika

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Marika by the bunch, they're coming on strong now.

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Honey Spice

Thumbnail by grannymarsh

How did Marika escape my searching? What a beauty! Should have known Connells would have it, they are the kings of lacinated blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.