Some new ones to look for.

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

omgosh I love the tomato soup and pink poodle!!! Those are gotta have!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I certainly approve of Terra Novas echies.
I did see the new big sky one 'Crazy pink' last month but didn't buy it.

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

There are more coming out next year.

Meringue...as well as Red Knee High....

Ed

Thumbnail by edder
Pretoria, South Africa

Out of this world.... Wish I could lay my hands on some of them here in SA!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I'll be watching for all of them!!!!!
Gloria

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

'Pink Poodle' looks like one bigcity would like, with his love of dahlias. Reminded me of you right away Al.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Meringue looks like a whiter version of Coconut Lime to me. (One photo I saw of Meringue made it look as though it was still a tinge greenish.) That Pink Poodle looks a bit like a zinnia to me. Tomato Soup is very cool!

Too many echies; not enough garden. *sigh*

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

When are these new coneflowers going to be available? (not that I have any room left in my garden beds or dollars in my gardening budget)

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

hmmm.....if they will be in the '09 catalog that means I have to have them....hmmmm....

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Fairy where can I get that catalog I think I NEED them too ;0)
Gloria

You have to do wholesale-I have one coming for my next co-op-thye let me order w/o a business ID since I spent like $3500 with them....I already had some from them and the other supplier picked out and am excited to get the new catalogs from both-can't wait to see all the new goodies:)

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

You're gonna hook us up, right Fairy?? Dad blamed pictures, lol!

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

The next coop is going to be mobbed!

I am sure it is-over 10 var of echies and about 8 of heuchera & a couple other things:)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Where are you posting your coop?
I am interested in your offering of echinancea.

Maxine

It will be in Sept-I can add you to the group balst if you'd like...

It will be with Sept order & pay & April shipping...you can look at my feedback if you'd like so that you feel comfortable ordering form me...

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Put me down on your list.
I should ask first, are these going to be just plugs or started plants?

Maxine

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Fairy you can add me also PLEEEEEZE !!
Gloria

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Never done this, first time for me for a co-op but I'd like to be added to the list......I just pulled up my last drift of coneflowers due to aster yellows......I've lost 97 this year as of today.......about 60 of Big Sky series and about 12 Meadowbrite series and the rest the usual suspects......:)

So I ain't giving up, going to try conies one more time next year, so I'll keep up with this thread and hope to see the particulars of what is needed to participate and which cultivars are available, prices etc......thanks Fairy 1004 for taking the time to put it together.....

Paul from Alabama

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Fairy can you add me to the list as well? I had aster yellows here too for the first time this year Paul. Only two varieties were affected though.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Paul and lavender...so sorry to hear of your problems with aster yellows. Paul, 97 plants lost is an incredible hardship. How awful!

Fairy, I would also love to be added to the co-op list!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I've never taken part in a coop. What is required? I would be interested in some of the new coneflowers. thanks.

Marilyn

OK-so-the co-op will be plugs-which means you get them for $3-4 each and you just have to nurse them a little B4 putting them in the ground-they need to get their roots a little more stretched out-they usually come rootbound in the tiny cells. In this last co-op I had a VERY sad looking tiarella that everyone was very skeptical about as it came w/ no leaves-everyone did as I said and put them in pots til temps stayed consistently warmer and gave them some room for growth and now, I haven't heard of 1 person that doesn't have one that is gorwing w/ new leaves and increasing in size-mine died back after I planted it in the ground as did several of mine, but then about 2 weeks later-bam-new growth:) I did my first co-op this last spring w/ plugs and overall was happy-I had a few losses, but you need to expect that-so if you REALLY want let's say coconut lime-make sure you order 2, if they both do fine, then you can either have 2 plants or have a wonderful gift for someone....THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES attachec with these-wholesale companies do NOT gurantee anything except that when I get them they will be alive, I then get them back out in the mail in about 48 hrs.

I will add you all that have expressed interest to my group blast list, if you change you mind or have any other ??, LMK-I put pretty detailed instructions at the heading of each of my co-ops and MAKE SURE YOU READ THEM CAREFULLY.

They will be shipped priority in the cell packs, packed w/ shredded paper, and will have instructions....I will list how many will fit in each box in the instructions...

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I did participate in the last coop, and got 7 coneflowers - 4 sunsets, and 3 summer skys who names I can't remember now. Six of them arrived in excellent condition, one was missing most of the leaves. I put all of them inside under lights for about a month, and all of the did very well. Even if I had lost one, for the $3 I paid, it was still a bargain.

I'm hoping that we will be able to get tomato soup for the coop.

ME TOO:) I am excited to see what is avail:) The next cones will be packaged like everything else, so will arrive better-promise:)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Please put me on your list, too. I'll be awaiting further instructions. Will you post information on this thread or start another one about the coop? As I said, this will be my first time to take part in a coop so forgive me if I seem to be asking a lot of dumb questions. Thanks.

Marilyn

I've never been in a coop either but I'm interested in this one. Please put me on the list too.

I will send a group blast-which is a dmail sent to several peeps at once w/ a link to the order thread-there willl be VERY specific instructions in the first post-what is avail and from where, prices, shipping, format to place order in, payment instructions-the whole bit-if you have any further ?? after that, there will be a link to a chat thread that you can ask in...

velnita-I will add you-I already had everyone else added...

Thanks. Coops are a new thing for me. But hubby saw some of the cones and he loved the red one. He's asked me twice if we could get one so I better at least try. Normally he thinks coneflowers are weeds but even he was amazed by Tomato Soup and Pink Poodle. Now's my chance to get several cones without him whining!

can he call my DH then and convey the excitement?? My DH just says"they are pretty babe"!!LOL

Not a chance. He's too "macho" to admit that he likes flowers to anyone but me. I assured him that I wouldn't tell anyone about the way that he ran into the house all excited the morning our iris bloomed so he could grab the camera and get pix. No, I won't tell anyone that.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Glad you are keeping his secret! LOL We won't tell, either!

Well-since you are about 3 hrs form me I might drive down to tell him-it's worth $140 in gas right?? LOL

Idaho Falls, ID

Could you put me on your list? Send me instructions and everything. Please! This is my first co-op, first post-I've been lurking all over the garden for a year! Thanks!

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

Ok, cheap cones...count me in...please!

Please add me, Please!

I wish they had DL plugs, and guaranteed hosta HVX free plugs...lol...but, I can dream...

Echi plugs, WooHoo.

Hem & Rose-got you added to the dmail blast list:)

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

Now remember, everyone has plenty of time to start a new bed this fall for your new coop coneflowers in the spring. No excuses!

Thumbnail by pennefeather
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful flower bed, pennefeather! I have an idea--just send me your whole garden and then I won't have to plant mine! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.