The rain barrel project

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A few years ago I stencilled a rain barrel for a friend ( it sits in her front yard so very visible)and thought I'd do one for myself. A couple of years ago I got a barrel cheap.It sat around and last year I finally did the background paint- sort of blue/white on top and muddy brown/green on the bottom. Finally yesterday since somebody was here fixing the eavestrough I had them set this up for me. Of course it would have been better to get it painted first but............... In fact it started to rain shortly after they left! No moving it now it is 1/3 full of water!
Well I did want it ready for the garden competition but judging is this weekend so thats not going to happen ! Did I mention what a wonderful procrastinator I am?
If I get all the weeding and deadheading finished i just might start the stencilling................!
The plan is poppies and gazania around the bottom with foxglove and delphiniums higher up.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
This thread has 31 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!