Any Fragrance to your "Fragrant Angel?"

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I was comparing notes with a fellow echinacea admirer, and both of us have Fragrant Angel plants that don't smell like anything at all. They were acquired through different places, so I'm stumped. Does anyone have a Fragrant Angel that does smell good? or bad? Or anything at all? The flowers are great, the plant is sturdy & hardy, I just am wondering who did the sniff test at the plant development division!
Pat in Cincinnati

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

mine has a fragrance but you have to stick your nose right up to the flower LOL smells good. but not very strongly scented.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Kathy--- I was starting to worry abt my sense of smell. Foretunately, I've got a "perfumed" rose starting to bloom today, & I can smell it abt 20 feet away.
Pat

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL my gardenia takes away the scent of all the other flowers right now, smells wonderful

Mine has a nice but faint fragrance. I notice it more after a rain but I have to be very close to it. My hubby can barely smell it which is odd because I'm the one who has a bad sniffer, not him. But it's definitely not a scent that wafts through the air like a lilac or lily.

Thumbnail by valrita

Well, my Fragrant Angel HAD a scent but unfortunately I had to destroy it.
It was diseased with Aster Yellows.
Awwwwww.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Gosh, there's alot of that stuff going around this year. This is the first year i've heard of that yellow asters. I don't have any infected with that.

weir d thing though, I thought some of those hybrid echinaceas didn't come true from seed, but my dopple danger or mop head has babies (several ) now 2 years old and are blooming like their parents. weird.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I had it last year...it didn't make it through the winter. I didn't find it worth replacing and it had a very faint fragrance.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I've decided that mine would probably be more fragrant if its owner didn't live in the Sinus River Valley ;-) Mine is actually doing booming business as far as blooms are concerned, & bees & butterflies like it, so I'm keeping it.
What is yellow asters or aster yellows?
Pat in Cincinnati

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yep, i've seen the photos, weird looking.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Yuck--- thanks for the links, though. I'd rather be on the lookout & know what to do if I see it.
Pat

Zanesville, OH(Zone 6a)

I have Fragrant Angel. It does have a faint smell. I do have to stick my nose right down by it to smell it. It is a pleasant fragrance.

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

here's a website with some pictures of coneflower diseases.

eryphoid mites infestation (treatable) is sometimes mistaken for aster yellows (untreatable).

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

hum, forget the web site? LOL

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

uhmm..i sure did.

ugh, it's tough when one starts falling apart.

http://urbanext.illinois.edu/focus/per_echinacea.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.