4 Falls

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

How often does this happen?

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Lebanon, OR

More than you image at times, many factors cause it....

No disease to worry about:)

D

Raleigh, NC

kinda like a four leaf clover!

South Hamilton, MA

Often on the terminnal flower, you have to work if you want a novelty, extra parts on all flowers. Some of them are absolutely flat.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Well this just did it's thing. the reason it is facing the camera instead of upright on the stem is because it had fallen over. This was on Anna Babson from last year. Did not do it this year.

South Hamilton, MA

Glad it wasn't on AB this yr.--must have been weather related. I have an orange bearded purple SDB seedling which produce extra falls, watched it this yr and just as it was behaving itself a flower with 4 falls opened up---*^&()###. It grows well too--have to think if I will use it in hybridizing or not.

Raleigh, NC

we don't have anywhere with true "full sun" so we get a lot of stalks leaning or growing with flowers facing odd directions.

I don't know irisMA....it's truly a Bostonian type trait (symtom) of doing things left of center - maybe you should use yours to cross with..... see what happens!

...........(giggle)

South Hamilton, MA

Sorry I am a native Badger--just live here. There are enough good purple SDBs around so my plant doesn't reall NEED introduction. I'd just like too. :) New to computers so just learning faces.

Raleigh, NC

great - you'll make lots if irises - and lots of faces!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.