Sunset

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

The form is not great but I love the color!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

I hope to add Tiki Torch sometime in the near future!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Beautiful...

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous pictures Nanny. They look very similar to 'Summer Sky'.

My camera can't capture how orange they really are. Much deeper orange than Summer Sky and the cones have an orangey/red color!

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Sunset is lovely--I've had my eye on this one! And Tiki Torch is on my list, too.

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

They are beautiful. I have many too and admire the color everyday. Some of their colors are better than the others. I just can't get enough of them.

I would like to try and divide them but am afraid I will kill them!!

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, I think you could in late August/early Sept. after they bloom and be successful. I think I'm going to try that.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I moved an entire coneflower plant when it was in buds and it didn't like it at all. The entire plant drooped and wilted. I was careful, and it was out of the ground for less than a minute, but I sure upset that poor plant. So I cut it back, leaving just a few wilted leaves at the base to soak up the sun. It perked up nicely once I cut it back.

So I think what medinac said is the way to go--move and/or divide after they're finished blooming (or in the spring, before they start). And if the plant starts to struggle, try cutting it back some. Worked for me!

Thanks! If I try I will wait until Sept. then!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.