Happy birthday America!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope everyone had a geat 4th. I wanted to post this earlier but we ended up going over our neighbors.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Same here. I posted this earlier on the weather thread.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You were at my neighbors too???

I made the guacamole.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ha Ha ...it was yummy!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Watching the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra. DD#1, age 17, now waiting to go off to college and feeling a little frisky, got DH up at 7:30 this am to drive her downtown to drop her off to wait in line to claim a spot on the banks of the Esplanade. She and her three friends waited, played games, sang songs, took naps, etc. for maybe 12 hours before the fireworks started. DH has to pick her up at the subway somewhere eventually. Happy Birthday, USA!!! Good work, and good luck.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

I"ve lived here three years now and just discovered I can watch the fireworks from the front porch. First I though amatuers were setting them off but no, it was a full scale display ( well "full scale" for a town of 13,000). I really need to get more informed about my environment outside the garden.

South Hamilton, MA

Watching the Pops in person IS for younger & spry people. Afraid we used the TV, but enjoyed it just the same.

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

My neighbors put on a great display, illegal yes, but the cops here are to busy policing the tourist on the beaches to come poking around us hillbillies.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2008 7:09 AM

Hillbillies or rednecks? On a more serious not Bozo the clown died two days ago!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Passing Noted

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Hillbillies is the preferred term. I saw the article about bozo, so sad he is one of my first childhood memories on TV.

Captain Kangaroo

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

All the good ones are gone.

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Yes, the captian also with Mr. Greenjeans

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Donna, you'll never believe this but we spent a good part of a thread talking about Mr. GreenJeans! Was Bozo filmed locally? I remember going on some show like Bozo but it might have been a local imitation.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

BOZO was a franchized character and many local TV studios had kid shows with a rotating audience.Romper Room was the same, local personalities were the room teacher and kide from the host city were participants.
What an innocent time that was.
Howdy Doody was from Buffalo NY. Bob Smith made a good career out of that character.

Greensboro, AL

Yes. Happy Birthday to US.

I've known many Bozos. Must be a huge franchise.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Victore

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.