First Anual Willaimsburg Lawn Mower Parade

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

This is how real Gardeners celebrate the 4th of July
Jim Gaskin was the Grand Marshal and drove the Queen's cart. Jan Rienkie was Queen and was followed by her court of lawn attendants . Following the floats was the clean up crew with the weed eater.

Thumbnail by jylgaskin

The queen's float

Thumbnail by jylgaskin

More floats

Thumbnail by jylgaskin

The end

Thumbnail by jylgaskin
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

This is great!
Every year the past 4 or 5 years I have been up there for the fourth, but sadly not this year.
I can see this parade catching on and turning into something huge. We should all join you next year.

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Jyl...
How American Is that?? It is like a slice of Americana..We love our grass and what better way to use less gas...Ride your mower in a parade!!!
LOL!!! Julie

All will be welcome! We have a yard party on the fourth and we never know who or how many will show up. This year we had 22 with food for 40.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That is so neat!!!! Thanks for sharing.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

That is a great party you had. My son has a plumbing business and a couple years ago a friend of ours drove his antique tractor/mower pulling a small wagon with my son's company name on it. I got the kid down the road to ride in the back and pitch out candy. It was a big thrill for him. I've actually seen some people driving their lawn mowers up to the convenience store in town. Imagine that? I guess to save on gas ??

Thanks for sharing the pics. Wonderful.

Brenda

I can remember when farmers drove their tractors to town and we had a few farm kids who drove their tractors to school during harvest and planting times.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I saw a lawn tractor at the local store last week, with a small trailer and 2 large coolers strapped into it. Guess they were getting groceries.
I thought it was a sign of the times.

we notice around here that whenever you see a lawnmower or bicycle with coolers, it's some idiot who's lost his license for drunk driving. t's really funny when they are riding a kids bike that is much too small and have the cooler bungie corded to the back. (They are the newbies)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.