lower lumbar laminectomy/fushion

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

After 5 years of pain and denial Surgery will be July 31st.

L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1 to be fused by a bone graft from my own pelvis bone.

Have done every kind of alternate care and therapy during the last two years.

A. Very advanced Chiropractor with physical therapists and a decompression table...no results.

B. Total of 4 epidural cortisone shots spaced some 4-5 months apart....no results

C. Physical Therapy at Baylor Tom Landry Center....no results

D. Acupuncture Baylor Spine Center of North Texas...no results

E. Mixture of various anti-inflamatory meds at diferrent times....no results

F. Recent case of shingles resulted in sleeping almost around the clock with pain meds for two weeks....no results

G. Have had 3 open MRI, one with contrast dye. 1 enclosed MRI. Xrays 4 different times.

H. Next week Myelogram with ct scan to prepare for surgery.

I really tried hard NOT to have surgery but the evidence is that is the only hope and L2-3 is beginning to deteriorate which means things can only get worse.

Have had all kinds of reports. Some people are worse than ever, some are totally fixed, and everything in between.

I have a very positive attitude and believe that God will bring me through this with good results.

Christi

This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!