ID help please

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ok I have no idea which one this is but it is blooming like crazy right at the moment. The color is really muted.

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Another shot

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

One more

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

What is this one? The pictures are not the greates because this one was about 3-4 ft above my head!!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Last one of this white one

Delaware, OH

is the pink one in a lot of shade? it looks like an avante garde but without the usual coloring. however the central boss of avante garde is this color as the bloom wanes.
the white one looks like a pamela recta deprived of light also?

did you plant them? you are in a warm zone, so i may be off target. google "clematis on the web" for thousands of clematis to reference.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

They do get some shade but mostly sun. I was thinking avant garde too except for the coloring. I did plant them and lost the tags. I wish it was pamela. The white one has climde up and onto my roof so it gets more than enough sun!! I would think too much sun since full sun here is very different from full sun in other states.

Delaware, OH

i was thinking after sent the e mail maybe too much sun, the avant g looks bleached out. the white one could be a flammula also. check out clematis on the web.
maybe you have discovered a sport or chance seedling of avante g that we will all be collecting soon.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is my "Avant-Garde" for you to compare..it really does look like a faded bloom of it...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Delaware, OH

last summer my avante garde had a much whiter center, this year the center is pale pink. i think because shade has increased? or who knows. i love this clematis. i had to cut my plena purpura elegans back a few weeks ago so the enjoyment of that similar beauty will be much later in the summer than usual.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I am going to watch more carefully this weekend to see what exactly their sun exposure is. It is so different here than other places for trying to grow clematis.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.