Need Ideas for a Major Project

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Morning!!!

In November we are having a large 'Fair' here....Sustainability is the theme!!! It is going to be made of of all sorts of folks: energy, ag etc.

As Master Gardeners we are going to promote Home Gardens....with hydroponics in gallon milk containers and styrofoam containers, container vegetable gardens etc. I am going to do a demo of a Lasagna Garden (in a blanket box with one side cut out to see the makeup!

SO much of our population are seniors...one and two people living in a single house...OR/AND Big extended families.

ANYway...I would love some of your ideas!!!! I really like Darius' vegetable garden with the hose running thru the containers.... I would love a picture of that, Darius if you could send it to my email at carol@bigislandgrowers.com with permission to use the picture as a demo!!!

Half of our area has soil (old cane land)...which needs amending. The other half lives on lava and either has raised beds or containers.

Y'all have such great links and innovative ideas.... looking forward to hearing from you.

Mahalo,
Carol

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!