Blooming in July........

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I'll start us off.

A little vinca

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

well aren't you just johnny on the spot LOL....ok will go take some pics now

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

what would july be without a pirate.....he watches over my mother of a thousand...or wait..is it that he's the father of a thousand...can't ever get it right with pirates..LOL

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

ok so I am really really bad about marking my seedlings once I put them in the ground...I believe this one is black currant swirl...she should bloom tomorrow...now I can't go anywhere knowing she might bloom and I be gone LOL

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

my infected hib is still blooming..haven't had any more dark stems so I am hoping the worst is over now that I gave it some liquid fungicide...???!! I can hope can't I....

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Per red Hib...

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I do believe something is munching on my Red Sol sunflower...arghhh

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I do believe I see a ripe fig...almost time to make some jam....

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

butterfly bush from the local produce stand seems to be doing good....

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

and lastly this little guy was doing some pollinating big time...

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Red,

I love the butterfly bush. What do you do with it during the winter or have you had it long enough to know?

Is that the Dwarf Rose Futurity canna? I love it and I've been looking for some.

Barbara

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Just got that b'fly bush this spring..so we'll see how hardy it is this winter! The canna is actually Crimson Beauty from Horn Cannas, I think because the camera used the flash it came out more pink then it really is...

This message was edited Jul 3, 2008 8:18 AM

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

well thrilled to out to the GH today and notice that two of my plumies have inflos starting...I already had one with inflos but no leaves and it has really struggled all the way, but two of the other cuttings have inflos starting and I am so stoked! (ahemm..please ignore the cup with the tag that says disney seed...I have no clue where that came from...reallllyyy) LOL

Thumbnail by rednyr
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Daylily, "Nutcracker Suite". Oops. No it isn't! Editing to say this is "Big Time Happy"
".

This message was edited Jul 7, 2008 8:20 PM

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Caladium, all are blooming like crazy this year.

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

debin I love your caladium! very pretty!

Mexican Hat - year #1 from seed

Thumbnail by

4-o-clock "Broken Colors" taken at 8pm

Thumbnail by

I couldn't believe this one, an iris blooming..! in July!

Thumbnail by

Bubble bee on a salvia,,, he just sat there hanging out...

Thumbnail by

Helenium 'Mardi Gras' close up

Thumbnail by

over view one of my favorite shots and corners of the raised bed I have

Thumbnail by
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

rebecca your mex hat is adorable! nice job from seed! love your 4'oclocks...I just swiped some fushia ones from a friends yard...they were pretty sad since she hates to water...so I had to rescue them...LOL

Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

Rebecca- I'm jealous of your Helenium and Monarda. I'm not sure I could keep them watered enough to survive. And I can't seem to get any Four o'clocks to grow in my yard. I have one Limelight that I grew from seed that returns every year but it's puny.

Rednyr- that blue butterfly plant is gorgeous! Is that a clerodendron?

I'm totally obsessed with taking pictures right now but it's mostly daylilies. I'll start off with one and end with one to keep it from being so boring,lol.

Shari

Almost Paradise

Thumbnail by chamthy
Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

After getting some much needed rain the night before this poor little potted mini hosta of mine bloomed gratefully.

Hosta 'Popo'

Thumbnail by chamthy
Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

This Dianthus is a no id that my Mom grew for as long as I can remember and passed along to me.

Thumbnail by chamthy
Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

'Magnus' coneflower

Thumbnail by chamthy
Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

Salvia 'Maraschino'

Thumbnail by chamthy
Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

Euphorbia 'Diamond Frost'

Thumbnail by chamthy
Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

From Elizabeth Shooter of Marietta Gardens in NC:

Witch's Stick

Thumbnail by chamthy

Eye candy for sure.
Love Witch's Stick, what a beauty.

Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

If you remember from the June thread when chamthy posted the lovely picture of the crinum I said, "Oh, I was going to plant some this year, but I forgot." Then Ardesia said, "I have one you can have if you want to come dig it up." I jumped on that and when I d-mailed her for directions she casually threw in, "It's kinda of big, about the size of a Volkswagon." I thought she was exaggerating. One broken shovel later, I realize she was not!

Thank you Alice! I've already broken it up into smaller pieces and promised bulbs to several other people. I came home with two other crinums and cannas, too! The central bulb is huge!

Thumbnail by bordersandjacks
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

holy toledo that is one large crinum....how long did you have that Ardesia!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

5 years. I bought it in 2003 at a Riverbanks sale; it is Crinum 'Bradley'. Once Crinums get going they bloom steadily but sometimes they have to sort of settle in. That one was quite happy here but it did need some more space - like 2 acres or so.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Chamthy: I love "Almost Paradise"!

OK, this isn't exactly blooming yet, but it's about to and I've very, very happy! I planted this ginger 3 years ago. Each summer it puts out lovely foliage, and spreads, but no flowers. Til now. Yahoo!
Hedychium coccineum var. aurantiacum 'Flaming Torch' - Finally, I'll get to see why it's called Flaming Torch. :)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Chamthy - I rarely water anything in my yard. I basically plant close together and mulch it down with wood chips.

bordersandjacks - WOW! thats a big crinum. The one I got in a free trade wasn't as huge as yours. I think mine was Ms. Ellenbogent type (spelling?) Have fun. If ya ever want to get rid of babies, let me know. lol

rednyr - thanks. I was hoping that my little mexican hat would have more orangy yellow tones instead of mostly dark chocolate. so we shall see next year. :o)

-r30-

This message was edited Jul 5, 2008 8:56 PM

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Should have tied the crinum to the roof of the car. Style points you know. LOL.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

rebecca...it was Ellen Bosanquet and boy, does it smell great when it blooms. It'll need room, too:-)
Bev

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Purple Queen Datura blooming today.....

Thumbnail by rednyr
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

another purple qn.....

Thumbnail by rednyr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.