Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Steve in the 8'+ lilies this year.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

High in the sky.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Double white hollyhock, looks like paper mache!

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Clump of the queen of the prairie. I got these from a DG friend at one of the Round Ups that Steve and I hosted at our cabin.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is a macro of the coleus in bloom.

Thumbnail by haighr
Litchfield, ME

Those lillies are simply gorgeous! WOW!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks zinnia. They keep coming back and seem to get larger every year. I try to stake them but my stakes only go up about 3' and then they are on their own, but you know the stems are so strong, or should I say trunks, that snapping has not been a problem. I find them amazing myself as I don't think I have ever seen any that get so large and believe it or not I don't feed them.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Candee - does the queen of the prairie make a good cut flower? It is so nice and fluffy. Love all your other flowers too. Here is a shot of my two remaining tetrapoid lilies I planted several years ago. They don't seem to want to multiply. Maybe that is the consequence of being a tetrapoid?

Thumbnail by soilsandup
london England, United Kingdom

Your garden is so beautiful Candee.
The giant lilies are amaising, I don't think I've ever seen any as huge as those!
I don't know Queen of the Prairie, that looks lovely!
I especially like your white Hollyhocks, I've always wanted a white one and that double is gorgeous.
Thanks for the new thread, lovely to see your garden blooming.

Hi Dianne, Nice lilies, lovely colour, they look quite tall too. Tetrapoid? I don't know much about lilies.
It's nice to see more of your garden, thanks!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Not sure about what a Tetrapoid is - are you referring to several blooms on one main stem. I like that yellow.
I have never cut the Queen so don't know how it would do, perhaps I'll try it in my next one and we can test it out. I had never heard of them but when we hosted a DG Roundup at the cabin a few years ago, I got them in a swap. They too are multiplying but it did take some time.

Veronica flowering.....

Thumbnail by terriculture

A rose....

next doors garden, over the fence!

Daisys about to flower....

Sweet peas....

Astilbe....

Pineapple lilies, still going!

Penstemon, Rose, Carnations and fern. not all that sunny here today, a bit dark for pictures!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Nice flowers, Terri. As for the tetrapoid - I think it means that they were bred to have 4x the number of chromosomes. It has been so long since I purchased them that I can't remember what made me purchase them in the first place.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Not sure which one is the veronica but that is one great photo Terri. Love the colors and the english cottage effect.
Now as for the fence, don't go climbing up there after the happy hour at the cafe as we would not want you falling in their gravel path.!

I'm glad you did purchase them Dianne!

Candee, Veronica, blue spikes!
It used to be a lawn next door. My neighbour is a lovely 86 year old lady named Eva! not Eva Grace, just Eva.
About 10 years ago, when I was working as a gardener, I dug up her lawn and replaced it with gravel for her.
It was too much work for her to keep mowing the lawn and she wanted a gravel path.
When is happy hour at the cafe btw?!!!!!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere!!!

Of course!

Daisys have opened.....

It does feel more like summer when they start to flower!

Red Hollyhock......

pink flower! larkspur? maybe, can't remember the name of it.

Verbena

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Very nice blooms your way Terri, not sure about larkspur either, why don't you post the pic on the ID forum?

Caught you snail... gotcha!

Thanks Candee!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You got him for sure, good catch.

looks like I will have loads of lanterns this year!

Sweet William....

a bit closer...

Lots of Day lily buds .....

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Long time no 'type' Greetings to both Candee and Teri! Your gardens are wow! lovely as I remember them from last postings. How are you doing?
Kim

This would be nice for cut flowers? This is crinum 'Milk and Wine'.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well hello back at ya Kim, that is a beauty.
Terri, thanks to you this year unlike the past I have not been yanking out the lanterns. I always considered them a weed until you mentioned them a few months ago that you used them in dry arrangements, so I decided to keep mine in your honor!
I have sweet william and swear I have never in all these years gotten one single bloom.
BTW my sweet peas finally got one bloom am waiting for more before posting.

Hi Kim, nice to hear from you! I'm doing ok, thanks, a bit more sunshine here would be nice! Your crinum looks like a wonderful flower, I would be scared to cut it!!
Is your blue vine flowering yet? I remember how gorgeous it was last year.

Candee, save everything!!! let the flowers dry naturally in a empty vase when you've used them. You never know when they might come in handy during the winter months!
Looking forward to seeing your sweet peas. It's strange your sweet william don't flower, they don't get any special treatment here!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hello, Candee and terri, and Lily_love.
Lovely pics of flowers and gardens. Doesn't Evas cat look happy? Hey Terri, I need a snail catcher!
My garden does actually have a little life in it, azaleas are blooming and some yellow daisies, which I can never remember the name of, some pansies and Kalanchoes are almost in flower. I will see if I can get the energy to get up and go outside to take a pic.
I finally put the cut flower forum in, as a favourite, so now I can come and suss out all the other threads.
See you at the cafe.
Sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.