Causes of PC lock up ??

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

a month or so ago, when my memory "died" then i reformatted the HDD and pretty much put everything 'back where it should be' .... one of the only changes i made was, upgrading to IE7... and possibly FF, i can't recall.

many times the PC will just lock up ... .with browser open, IE or FireFox, or both .... it just shows, ""not responding" , asks if i want to send the error report [i have to refigure out how to turn that off again] then i have to do a cold boot to turn it off.

what would be some causes for the lock-up?

could it be possible there is problems with the memory, or just software troubles?

DH get so ticked, and expects me to "just fix it" all the time... i just am not sure if uninstalling/reinstalling the browsers [and going back to IE6 is i can] will take care of the problems.

TIA

Terese

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!