First Blooms on Clematis "Viola"

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I bought this from Dan over at Brushwood and planted this past Spring..what a VIGOROUS Clematis and the blooms are just so rich...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

And I wanted to show yall something...Last year ..some of you might remember me freaking out when the "Lawn mowing" guys decided to weed my gardens before laying down my mulch?!...Well, long story short I found some of my clematis in the piles of weeds that still had the roots on them!!...One was Integrifolia "Hakuree"..I thought it's a gone...so I quickly planted it in a HUGE pot that I already had some clematis in and watered it daily..to my surprise..Not only did I see "Hakuree" come back where it originally was but the one I planted in the Pots blooming today!!..Yeaaaaaaa....thanks for those guys I now have two plants..yippppppeeeeeeeeeee....Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Yeah, you rescued "Hakuree" from the weed pile! Both "Viola" and "Hakuree" are lovely. Do you have "Hakuree" planted at the base of "Viola"?

(Zone 4a)

What a lucky save Jeanne!!! Both clematis are very nice!!!

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

Viola is a pretty one, and good save on Hakuree. I would have thrown a fit!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Your two Hakuree must be your reward for not shooting them!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks yall..Shirley..I planted the ripped out "Hakuree" in a big pot on my pergola that Contains Clematis "Ville de Lyon" and "Guernsey Cream".....I was naughty and mixed two different pruning groups ..tee hee..ain't I bad!!...Jeanne

Yuph, your baaad! :~)

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I know..but it isn't that hard to prune them..I know what is where and just do it..especially since I hard prune the first two years....Hope you had a great 4th..hugzzz...Jeanne

Pruning is important for more blooms, but I don't need to tell you that 'cause your the "Clematis Guru"!

Have a wonderful July 4th holiday!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks hon..hope you had a great 4th too!!...I was busy yesterday overseeing my workers replacing some fascia boards with Hardie plank...looks good and hopefully will get it all replaced one day..so strange..this is an all brick house and to think someone would put real wood for the fascia instead of hardie plank?..

Real wood requires a LOT of upkeep. Constant painting is very expensive. Unfortunately, we have wood trim on our house. I would love to go with something that looks like wood, but never needs to be painted & does not rot! However, I know it is expensive to go replacing all the wood trim..........maybe some day!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Yup...it can be expensive for sure!!..All brick is the only way to go with Hardie plank...It cost me 400 dollars just in labor to have the old torn off and hardie put up and painted..fortunately we had the house repainted two years ago and still have a 5 gallon drum of paint left!!..and this was only for ONE side of my home..LOL...gezzzzzzz...only 3 more sides to go

One side at a time and before you know it you'll have Hardie plank surrounding your house!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.