Caterpillers on my Artichokes & Brussell Sprouts

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a bunch of little green inchworm type caterpillers that are absolutely destroying my artichoke and brussell sprout plants.

Anyway to get rid of them??

Here's a pic of the BS plants

Thumbnail by santeelady
Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

and this is the best picture I can get of the little culprit.... my camera won't focus well on him they are anywhere from 1/4" to 1/2" long and the move like inchworms do.

Thumbnail by santeelady
North Hills, CA

catapiller killer by safer products works on all the caterpillers I get here.
It's not a poison-some kind of bacteria or something that only kills caterpillers nothing else.
Works pretty good for me.
Mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon of water.It's about $8.00-10.00 for an 8oz. bottle.
Spray as needed.
It got rid of inchworms,webworms and tomato worms in my garden recently.
The guy at the nursery said it would get rid of something else too that is related to moths and other such critters but I forget what it was.
I buy it at a nursery so I think it would be cheeper at Home Depote or a similar place.I remember buying it for $6.00 something somewhere last fall but don't remember where I baught it.
The nursery is up the street so I pay more instead of hassling going someplace else to get it cheeper.It would cost me the difference in prices just to go somewhere else.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

TY...I have a HD right in the middle of town. I have to admit I'm there about once a week ;o) I will definately check and see if they carry that product.

Thank you so much for your help.

~melissa

North Hills, CA

I haven't figured out if having a green thumb/Arrow up the street is a good thing or not.
I just walk about 100 yards and I'm trading my paycheck for green things...To make it worse the 99cent store is across the street too.
I can't win. LOL
The bank is 2 miles up the street.Too far for much of my check to go...
But they don't have Hot Pepper plants and gardening stuff there either.
Those plants and the bargains (3 gal. plastic pots) at the 99 all have my name on them....

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL!! I know how you feel, across the street from the HD is $Tree and I HAVE to stop there about once a week too!! My little city (okay population 50,000) but still, everything is located in the middle of our "Town Square" You can get everything and anything you need in about a f block radius.....dangerous

Bank? What's a bank?LOL I had to go inside my credit union about a month ago, and had to go to the Information desk first to figure out what I was supposed to do...that's bad, I do all my banking online and everything is direct deposited...so needless to say even though, I've been with my credit union for over 10 years, and have financed 2 cars through them, I've only actually been "inside" maybe 5 or 6 times ;o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.