The FLOWERPOT Cafe' XI

london England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to the flowerpot cafe'. Join us for a cup of flowers!

Thumbnail by terriculture
(Zone 6a)

Hi all, I know its not in a pot but heres my delphinium in a bottle. I made it last week so now the petals are dropping everywhere........
btw, I love seeing everyone arrangements on this forum

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Hi Steven, Welcome! glad you found us and Thanks for the arrangement.
It's just what we need in the new cafe to brighten up the tables. Love your green bottle too!

(Zone 6a)

Your welcome :) I'll have to make something to put on one of the other tables as well!
I really like the bottle too, it's perfect for a simple arrangement like that one.

We have 25 tables, that should keep everyone busy for a while. LoL!

(Zone 6a)

neato, what a good idea!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I'll come up with something for sure. Think I may find something after work today for at least one table.
Guess I'll get busy and restock that bar some more as well, likely that one bottle of ismene vodka is gone already what with the weekend and all.

Steven, thanks for filling that table near the window, think I'll sit there this morn with my coffee and watch the neighborhood begin to bustle!

Candee

Hi all,
It's my turn to sit a the window table! I haven't had a chance to make anything today.
Think I'll just have a coffee and look through the magazines we have in the cafe!

Flower Art.

A Delphinium arrangement.

cones and spheres.

Roses and leaves

cocktails!

Lunch!

Outside arrangement

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

What a great magazine, when you are finished would you leave it on the table for me to peruse?

Cheers!

Hi Candee, Haven't you noticed the magazine rack before?!! Great for getting ideas, I'll leave this one for you to peruse!!!

The one on the left is a good idea using coloured elastic to create the pattern on a glass vase.

Time for me to go and cook, Happy flower arranging!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Will have to pay more attention to things other than the booze in the cafe LOL! Never noticed the rack, but then have never fallen over it either LOL!
You may just get me started in ordering a magazine or two on this subject, I had no idea these were available with all these ideas.

(Zone 6a)

I didn't know there was a magazine rack either! I really like the arrangment here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5188656 .

Thanks for the compliment Candee :) I hope you enjoyed your coffee!

Steven

ps: I finally found my floral frog, so it's time to get creative! YAY!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Terri - what a great magazine!! Lots of different creative ideas. But, I think that I will have to be more of a looker than a doer. I love the look of formal arrangements, but usually I have to be content with the simple cut and place technique. Thanks for sharing all those photos.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

And now that I know there are 25 tables in the cafe, here is a simplified version of the crocosmia arrangement that I made for the "From yard to vase" thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=5193628 that can be used for one of the tables. This is more in keeping with the ambiance of relaxing in a cafe.

This message was edited Jul 2, 2008 12:40 PM

Thumbnail by soilsandup
(Zone 6a)

Here is 2 more arrangements I made just a few moments ago...

This one has Delphinium 'Magic Fountains', Yarrow 'The Pearl' and Lemongrass

Steven

edited for spelling

This message was edited Jul 2, 2008 5:21 PM

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

And here is the second using the frog,
this one has Lilium 'Honey Bee' and 'Lollypop', Chamomile and Bronze Fennel

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

and just for detail heres a close up of the yarrow from the first arrangement :)

so theres 2 tables filled, this is quite fun!

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Hi everyone!
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the magazine, I have quite a few, could make it a weekly feature if you like? Some of the designs are really 'way out' (even for me)!!! It is nice to see what can be done with flowers and to get new ideas we can try.
Steven, good you found your frog at last! where was it hiding all this time? Looking forward to seeing what you make, I like the sound of.....'it's time to get creative' YAY !
Dianne, Hello, nice to see you again! Thank you for the delicate crocosmia arrangement, really lovely.
Only 23 empty tables to go, Keep up the good work! Hope to get some time to make something soon.

Hello to absent friends, especially thinking about Traci, Miss you girlfriend!

WoW! It took me so long to type my last post, Steven has come in with two more fabulous arrangements!
CORRECTION ... only 21 tables to go!
I like the way you used the 'buds' very unusual and dramatic, it's great! You are brave to cut your buds! Lovely colour combinations.
Thanks for the close up picture too, it's nice to see them from different views.
This new cafe' is really starting to look and smell lovely!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Steven and Dianne. Nice to meet you!! I'm the infamous Traci. LOL

To everyone, I want to say THANKS!! My time is so limited with moving that I haven't had time to respond, but all the kind words have been wonderful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Are you guys gonna die when I get settled in. My grandmother has a HUGE collection of teapots, vases and whatever else I can stick a flower in. I looked in every nook and cranny with my jaw on the floor. No more worries about teapots here.

I'll be back soon and hopefully with some arrangements for the tables. I miss you all and can't wait to play catch up!!

Steven, I am so jealous. I LOVE delphinium, but we have too much heat and humidity here. I am moving up a zone, so hopefully I can have some next year. Your arrangements are wonderful and unique. Will the buds open on the lilies? Still learning here.

Dianne, I can't wait to go read the thread you posted. I love crocosmia and have foliage growing on my first ones. Now to get them to flower. I just started gardening last summer, so I am shaky on just about everything :)

Candee, I just about spit out my drink after I read your post. Thanks for the laugh!! You probably did trip over it, but the drinks blurred your memory and blunted the pain. Look for the mystery bruise.

Terry, love the mags and that is a great idea about posting them. The one with the rubber bands on the left, I want to know how to do the one on the right!! Miss you too, girlfriend!

Have a happy 4th everyone in case I miss you all. Sorry Terry ;-)

Until I get settled, here's an old one I made for Teensy.....

This message was edited Jul 2, 2008 11:52 PM

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh, forgot!!

♪♫♫♪♪♫Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to all I missed which was a lot!!! Happy Birthday to you!♪♪♫♪♫

I got alotta birthday drinking to catch up on!! ☺☻ Now where exactly is that magazine rack?

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

STunning!!!!!!!! That outside arrangement. Never seen anythign like it. : )
I love Delphiniums. Got a few trying to grow here. They getting ready to bloom but the blooms so weak and pathetic looking. They just aren't like this heat and humidity.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Steven, you are quite handy with that frog, please keep it in a safe and handy spot cause you sure put it to great use. I agree with Terri, I am always hesitant to cut the buds so my hat goes off to your bravery.
Traci, traci, traci, welcome home. You will likely have us floating in tea and coffee soon with all those treasures of your moms. Can't wait for you to bring them on. This is turning into the best cafe I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Hope I don't get too carried away and start dancing on the tables as I wouldn't want to knock over any of these splendid centerpieces.
Diane, I do like that simple vase you have put together, nicely done.

Well again here we go heading to the cabin for the holiday, hope you all have a safe and happy holiday as well. See you soon and will make something for the table when I get back.

Hello Traci!.......... I remember that pretty arrangement. It was the night I stayed up ALL night!!!!!! Going to wake Katie up for school at 6am and I hadn't even been to bed! We had a laugh.
My grandma had loads of teapots and kept them in a display cabinet with the best china, for special occaisions! We were only allowed to use the cups from the pantry! I'm looking forward to seeing your Grandmas collection! When you get round to it of course!!!!
So, you like the arrangement on the right with steel grass in a loop? Easy peesy! I'll see if I can make it. LOL!
The magazine rack is in the lounge, remember?!!!! Nice to see you again, Dear.

Hi Star, Glad you popped in, I was going to ask you about your sweetcorn, how is it doing and how may corns will it have on each plant? I'm just growing it for the first time here! Hope to see your Delphiniums blooming soon!
The outside arrangements in the magazine were good. Using 3's of things, 3 oranges,3 sunflowers etc. nice to do if you have plenty plant material and veggies!

Hi Candee, Have a lovely weekend with the family at the cabin, you are so lucky to have a weekend place to go to!
No dancing on tables at the cabin either LOL!!

Has anyone been watching the tennis at Wimbeldon???? We have an all American final with the Williams sisters, I'm looking forward to that on Sunday! Who will win? Venus or Serena?
Enjoy your 4th of July celebrations everyone, I'll be thinking of you all while I'm at work!!!!!

Here's another outside arrangement you could try if you have a massive water feature or swimming pool!
Happy Holidays!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks everyone. This will be my last weekend here at this house, so I just went and cut as many flowers as I could before it got dark. Felt pretty good. LOL. My "good" plants have already been moved. So tonight, Terri, I am going to pull a pretty late one and have loads of fun. Unfortunately I have lost my cord to my camera, so pics will have to be later.

♪♫♪♪♫♪ Oh, what fun it is to cut the flowers from his sight.

Everyone be safe and take care this weekend.

how about another oldie....from Teensy's 3rd birthday.

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Humansville, MO

happy 4 to all
sure love every one flower
elle

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

here ya go evrybody. Happy 4TH!!!! I may not have any flowers blooming, but got this ya all can add to your table festives! fresh from the garden

Thumbnail by starlight1153
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Just dropping off a nice lunch treat, a very fresh salad. Yes, the Nasturtiums are edible and delicious! Happy 4th to all and blessings on all who serve our wonderful country.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Hi everyone,

elle, Nice to see you, hows it going with your new work hours?
Oh Yummy! Healthy food, Good to have them added to the menu. You have a great harvest with all those,
Thanks Star. No flowers on my courgettes yet.
Mittsy,What does nasturtium flower taste like? do you cook it? Thanks for the salad!

Trac, that old chesnut, ..... the camera lead! Lol!!!! lovely colourful vase of flowers, Thank you!

Sue, I see there is a new Flower Tea room on the Aussie forum! So when you go missing, we will know where you are. LOL!! Guess what? They don't serve coffee........ but the scones looked ok!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to hearing about your latest holiday when you get back.

Have a good weekend all.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

A happy 4th of July greeting from California! I was going to make a red, white and blue arrangement sometime today, but got sidetracked with a visit from out-of-town friends, then went out to a movie with my kids, and ended the day with a BBQ with fireworks at my sister's.

Traci - it is nice meeting you too. Good luck to you in your new house.

Star - what a fabulous harvest. I just finish putting in the last of my vegetables - planted a few Japanese eggplants and bell peppers to go along with the tomatoes that I did manage to get in a couple of months ago. It will be awhile before I get to harvest anything.

Candee - where is this cabin that you are always heading off to? It must be great to have a get-away place.

Terri - my daughter is going to be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks. She is going to London and then to Paris. Wish I could go with her and visit you and your garden!

This message was edited Jul 4, 2008 11:34 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.