Happy Birthday Laurel (Maypoplaurel)

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Have a great day. Keep cool and enjoy the garden.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday! :)

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day (not to mention a day off from watering). Hope you had a great day too.

Laurel

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday......

Paul from Alabama

Thank you Paul, it was a relaxing day. I hardly feel old as dirt at all.

L

Oh, I've almost missed it. Hope your day was wonderful, it was really a beautiful day out and it is a gorgeous evening.

Happy Birthday,
girlgroupgirl

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Laurel

You have had an eventful year.

Enjoy

BB

Thanks GGG and Bronx. Yesterday was glorious wasn't it? I got five tons of stone, two tons of sand and 20 bags of mortar for my bd. Guess that means the new chimney is not to far off.

DH made a delicious garden herb, veggie, pasta, feta and mozz. dinner. Wow was that special!

Laurel

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy Belated Birthday Laurel! I'm glad you had a great day! That dinner sounds wonderful. ^_^

(Yesterday was actually my Dad's birthday too. I am eating a piece of his birthday cheesecake right now. Yum!)

Thanks Danita. Happy BD to your dad! Are you eating cheesecake before dinner? What's the saying, "Life is short, eat desert first"? How was your Savannah gig? What did you do there? Hope you had a great time and I'd love to hear about your trip.

We have several days of family festivities and a bd dinner party being given by a friend. I get to continue to celebrate. Then DD, who is a swim coach in the summer here and a grad student at GWU and Smithsonian employee, goes back to D.C.. The two DS's are local, but busy with careers and school. Summer makes me feel like a mom with kids instead of a fairly new empty nester. All the kids' friends drop by to visit and there are lots of hugs and catching up stories. I'm pathetic and poutey when things wind down and the kids go off to resume their grown up lives.
Laurel

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Still today - hope it was a good one.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh dang, I missed the party. :( Happy sweet birthday be that it may be lated though. Sounds like you had a good one! Ps, are you the tomato lady, Laurel? I read on another post about a lady named Laurel who had good tomatoes. And while I've got you, do you live in a community called Maypop or is that the name of your property like a plantation name or ranch? Just curious. I asked my DH if there was a Maypop GA. He didn't know. I know where Cleveland is, very north GA. That's the cabbage patch baby factory town, right? Do you also live in Atlanta, Laurel? That's a bit of a hussle-bustle drive if you make that trip often. I have a hard enough time just going to my Walmart with the train tracks dividing our town. Backs up traffic something terrible. I'm rambling cause I'm tired. Happy Birthday to you♫♪ I'd sing it but I can't carry a tune♫Just know I'm humming it for you.

Thanks Artgal and Cordele for heaping on more good wishes. Being a southern hostess, weell...the party can continue as long as you'd like. I did beat you to bed Cordele must have been the humming that lulled me to sleep..

I grow tomatoes, but don't know tomato Laurel. There are some very expert tomato folks here at DG. I'm all about expanding my tomato horizons and tomato garden. We live part time on a property in the Cleveland, GA area. It is neither a plantation or a ranch...a simple hillside cottage on 17 acres with a pond. Actually, barely a pond these dry days. It's tucked way back in the woods. We have about 1/4-1/2 acre veggie/flower garden (depending on the year). We bought the place from the bank nineteen years ago. It had been abandoned for years and was pretty nasty. All these years later it's still a DIY project in progress. Since we are back and forth, raised three kids there, have four dogs and two cats to haul and grow the garden eight months of the year, projects tend to stretch out for a looong time. Things keep falling apart just to keep us busy (and humble). :)

Laurel

Laurel

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

It sounds like heaven, covered in passionflower vines! My kinda dream place. Best wishes again and many enjoyable days of getting it just they way you vision it.

Dahlonega, GA

well, that will teach me to check the birthday notices . happy ,happy past birthday , your one day closer to me, until sept . glad your special day was blessed. yo bud ,sally

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Happy Belated B'day Laurel~! Enjoy your party tonight - I like birthday months myself, I feel I've earned them ;)

Thumbnail by Hineni
Albany, GA(Zone 8a)

Here's another belated Happy Birthday.

Thumbnail by bradh616

Thanks Sally and Sunny. Brad, that's a very pretty Maypop. It looks like it has a pedigree. Mine are the wild, all over the garden kind.

Gotta run, It's my turn to put on a party for DH and the kids tonight.

L

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Sorry I missed your birthday. Sure is bad when you lose your computer. Belated Happy Birthday dear lady.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy belated!

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Thanks Jim and LiliMerci. I have to say I'm flattered no end with these extended birthday greetings. Ya'll make growing old fun!

Jim, we need you to keep your computer tuned up. Miss you when you're gone.
LiliMerci, that hibiscus plucks a Miami girl's heartstrings. Beautiful peachy color.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.