Help me ID these plants please

Harlingen, TX

The wife and I have collected a couple by picking up strays here and there, the cactus was here when we moved in. But I don't know which cactus it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Thumbnail by riograndeguy
Harlingen, TX

I think I found out that the cactus is Agave Americana..I hadn't seen the black pointy tips on other specimen but, google images has a couple with the black tip, they are SHARP!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

upper right looks like ti plant. lower right agave

Isles Bay, Montserrat(Zone 11)

The upper right is a Ti plant and the lower right is a Agave Americana. My suggestion I would move the Agave away from the house I have attached a picture of mine It is about 10 to 15 years old and is about 10 ft. x 10ft maybe large, I am guessing). You do not see the points on most plant because most cut them off. they are very dangerous.

Thumbnail by tbmontserrat
Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

Kalanchaloe, Ti, Agave and trust me, never hop over a fence with an agave on the other side.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

LA, I think you got an extra "l" in Kalanchoe...but I could be wrong...but however it is spelled, yes upper left is Kalanchoe, Ti, a very pretty white flower, and Agave. Good luck Rio! Know Harlingen well, my folks live in Brownsville. Welcome to TZG!

Yokwe,
Shari

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Hmmmmm, maybe we should plant agave outside lower windows so criminals won't break in...... and just hope you never have to jump out the window. LOL Looks like it'd hurt!

Harlingen, TX

Thanks everyone. These Kalanchoe do pretty well in the shade even though I've now read that they should be in the sun but, then again, I've never seen them flower but that's okay we keep seperating them every year they are starting to cover the whole area where we have them.

tbmontserrat.. thanks for the advice but, I've since put this particular plant in a pot. I want to keep it small, I don't have 10' of space for this guy.. They do get huge.. I've seen them on the side of the roads down around Queretaro MX. they must've been 20 foot tall...

Time for me to go to bed, I've been planting ALLLL day. Just when I thought I have enough for now, I go to Lowe's and they are having 50% off on Variegated Ginger and Dwarf Cavendish Banana.. that's some deep holes for this ground down here (mostly clay)... water, dig, water, dig...

Keaau, HI

Kalanchoe scapigera, Cordyline fruticosa, Commelina communis, and Agave americana.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.