My First Angel Bloom.

Merino, Australia

Well, at long last , my Angel baby has opened her flower.
Isn't she lovely ?
Maybe not one of the fancy colors but the first flower in my new and growing collection.
She is one of Chrissies "Suavolens" cuttings sent to me in January of this year. As the cutting was a Y cutting, it formed it's own Y very quickly.
The sister plant also has Y'd and has tiny buds.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Gisborne, New Zealand

Nice one Jean, it's almost bigger than the plant. Thats the neat thing about gardening you really feel an achievment when your babies
flower. I especially enjoy striking cuttings. how many brugs have you got. My cuttings are comng along nicely, I didn't expect them to do so well in the cold weather even tho they are under cover. Lesley.

Merino, Australia

Hello Lesley. Thanks to chrissy and also a cousin plus a local farmer , I have 12 cuttings of 4 types of Brugmansia. I also have lots of seeds to plant in the warmer weather, so lots to look forward to.
I am amazed at how well the cuttings have done through the cold. I had visions of shrivelled plants in winter. they are great to watch as they do grow quickly. I will have them taking over if they all grow as these have.
Very cold and windy here and time for a warm cuppa. jean.

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

She is a Beauty, Jean.

Jean,

Any idea what this succulent is?

Thanks,
Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Merino, Australia

sorry Debi, I am not up on names but I do have a couple of these growing. Sue or kk would know. Jean.

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi Debi,

Check out this plant; Senecio serpens http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/63963/ and this one, Senecio mandraliscae
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57976/ . Your plant is a bit small yet, but I am almost sure it is the first one, as S. mandraliscae has more flattened leaves. It's definately a Senecio, in any case.

Ciao, KK.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Congratulations Jean. does it have a fragrance? Pop the cork on that bottle of champagne girl!
Sue

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi KK,

Thanks Heaps. I agree it looks to me to be the first one as well.

Your "missing" Mate,

Debi

Jean yes they last quite a while in all but the hottest weather ...I can't say how long the hybrids last but my "Musketeer" has been throwing blooms all winter ...can't smell anything because it's cool ...but the Angels are very fragrant in warm humid weather ...mostly early day and evening ...they seem to lose most of the fragrance in the daytime but every now and then they do pour the scent out in the day ...I think it has something to do with hot dropping to still warm but cooler ...mysterious creatures.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.