Guidance needed for NEWBIE, Please

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I have a 2 piece bird bath that has three cracks radiating out from inside to outside...fissures really, my husband put a coating of asphalt sealer (don't ask!!) to try to seal it, no go, the stuff peeled off (Thank Goodness!!)..my question is: I have a bunch of blue wine bottles as well as green...can I break them, use them as mosaic pieces, glue them on the completely dry bath part, inside & out, then grout & seal??? would it keep it from completely breaking??? seal it??? and look beautiful all at the same time???? Thank you for your suggestions & experience. I have never done mosaics before but keep this site on my favorites because I've always been so intrigued & have numerous books on working with concrete & mosaics, just never had the courage or the incentive to get busy....this will do it, for sure....Help, Please...Deb

Thumbnail by Depsi
This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!