Black Cherry Aphid help please.

Port Angeles, WA(Zone 8b)

Just went out to water my 4 fruit trees and found a HORDE of what I believe are black cherry aphids on one of the Ranier cherry trees. They are on near every leaf and many of the new leaves are curling as a result. They weren't there a few days ago, but we've had a 20 degree increase in temp in the past few days. Is there anything organic I can do? I only planted these trees last summer, so they are really in their first year. There were quite a few cherries on the 2 trees a few weeks ago, but now not so many. Is this because of these demons? Oh please, oh please, oh please, help! And if they are black cherry aphids, what the heck are they?

Thanks so much in advance!

Sheri

This message was edited Jun 28, 2008 4:33 PM

Thumbnail by outtamygourd
Glendale/Parks, AZ

I used this spray on aphids and their farmer ants that were attacking my yard long beans. I sprayed everyday untill they were gone. It has been two weeks and I just noticed a few are back again. So, I will be mixing up a batch of this in the morning. I didn't have insecticidal soap so I just used plain Dawn dishwashing liquid.

Deluxe Baking Soda Spray
Ingredients and Supplies
1 ½ tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon insecticidal soap
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 gallon water
1 tablespoon vinegar
Sprayer
Directions:
1. Mix the baking soda, soap, and oil with 1 cup of water.
2. Add the vinegar. Don’t mix the vinegar in until last or the mixture may bubble over.
3. Pour the mixture into the sprayer and add 1 gallon of water. Shake or stir to combine the ingredients
4. Spray the plants, covering the tops and bottoms of the leaves.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2008 6:45 AM

Port Angeles, WA(Zone 8b)

RTL ~ Thanks for the info. I released ladybugs on the trees today and if they don't work, I'll try your concoction.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.