Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I doubt this picture will do any good, my camera doesn't do close-ups. These are disgusting little wormy bugs that appeared on my neighbor's datura. They cluster on the tips of the leaves, and decimate them in one evening. They are slimy and gross - look almost like tiny slugs when en mass, but when I forced myself to get one loose, he was kind of wormy.

Can anyone tell me what it is? I sprayed them with Ortho Max, so hopefully the plat will live, but they did a huge amount of damage before we spotted them. I'm still feeling creeped-out!

Thumbnail by Sequee
Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

I could not make out what they are but, you could place a few in a closed, clear plastic bag and take the bag to a local nursery to see if they can identify the trouble maker.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Well, hopefully they are all dead and gone by now, but if not - great idea! In fact, the ag office is about 4 miles away. I just never thought of that! (You get so spoiled on this site that you never have to think outside of DG!)

Thanks for the reminder!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I think they may be immature slugs.
Sidney

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

We've seen no re-emergence, and the plant is doing fabulously, so hopefully that's the end of it.

Definitely eeeeew!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.