Questions about aquiring new ISP

(Zone 7a)

My current ISP is our local county library which is going out of the ISP business 6/30/08. It only cost $10/month, and I need to maintain a low cost access to the internet and email.

So, I'm considering Netfix - http://account.netzero.net/s/landing?group=discount-nomm&action=viewCategory&categoryId=iso&refcd=NZMSN0508NP_WEAROSUS_300X250.

My 3 questions at this point are:

#1 has to do with the Comparison Chart at the bottom of their webpage, where they say "Nationwide Access" is available. Does that mean that I would not have internet access outside the U.S.?

#2 Also, I'm hazy about what will happen to my email if I switch. The ideal would be to be able to click on the Outlook Express email on my Dell, Microsoft computer for email. I have a suspicion that signing up with Netfix for email might mean clicking on their website for email - true? If it's true, how could I wangle accessing email from my computer?

#3 If anyone has any alternate ISP to suggest that would allow me worldwide internet access and email access from OE on my computer for a relatively low cost, I'm all ears.

Thanking anyone who answers in advance,
Karen

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!