Endless Summer Info

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

My endless Summer and Lady in Red are blooming like crazy finally. Took them three years to do it. Now I find info for growing them and getting them to bloom! Can't get the link to work, just go to bailiesnurseries.com then click on the endless summer info.

Yehudith

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey! How about some pictures? Blooming hydrangeas are always a treat. Please share!

East Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

http://endlesssummerblooms.com/consumer/plants/bloomingsuccess

Here is the link to which you are referring, I think you were spelling the nursery wrong. Is this the link to Bailey Nurseries? http://www.baileynurseries.com/

This message was edited Jul 7, 2008 11:59 PM

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I think snapple was hoping to see pics of Yehudith's plants, we always love to look at other people's plants, much more fun than the nursery websites!

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes yehudith, pictures please. I've been waiting for someone, anyone, to post Lady in Red especially!

By the way, can someone please explain to me how to do a hyperlink? Sorry if it's a dumb question but I have NO idea. Too many years of not working in an office.

Come on snapple and ecrane, you too must have tons blooming in your yard. We want pictures, we want pictures!

East Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

To make a link, copy and past the link into the body of your message. (Does that make sense?) I would have two windows open. One window for the message I am typing and the 2nd window with the page that I want to link to. Go to the page that you want to link to and copy the address. Then go to the page with your message and past the link into the message. If you need more help, let us know.

Anne

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Anne, got it. Appreciate your help. I guess that was just too easy to figure out!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'll probably post some pics in a few days--Izu No Hana is starting to bloom so once it's really going nicely I'll take some pics (if it doesn't fry in our ~110 degree heat wave over the next couple days!) I have a tiny bloom on Hayes Starburst (it's newly planted this year so I wasn't expecting much). My other hydrangeas are new this year and aren't blooming. And I lost Jogasaki and Shooting Star to gophers, otherwise I'd have those two as well. Next year I'm hoping for a nice show though!

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh those darned gophers! We will be looking forward to your pictures of the others. That's one good thing about having a German Shorthaired Pointer, she keeps all the critters out of the yard... although sometimes she digs them out, THIS, is not so good! Keep the fan blowing on Izu No Hana!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I wish my dog was a little scarier to the gophers! He sniffs around their tunnels every once in a while but it doesn't seem to bother them (although it does warn me that there's one in the area when I see him sniffing along the ground following their scent!) Or it could be that my dog (a Sheltie) is much less scary than the collection of 2 Jack Russell's, black lab, German shepherd, and cattle dog on the one side of me and the 2 huskies on the other side so they decide my yard is the safest place!

I think Izu no Hana will be OK, it survived last summer just fine and we always have at least one heat wave like this, and the summer before that it wasn't planted yet but was in a container and we had a huge heat wave where temps got up to 115 for a few days and it survived that. And it's also got the advantage of being in the one and only bed in my yard that is actually appropriate for hydrangeas, the rest of them are in a little more questionable circumstances!

Here's Lady In Red. The flowers anyway. The pictures really don't do them justice they are so pretty and delicate. I'll try and get some better pictures later, I broke my foot last week and am hobbling around.

Thumbnail by yehudith

Here's another view

Thumbnail by yehudith

And here's endless summer

Thumbnail by yehudith
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

My Endless are blooming, however they are still pretty young and small. BUT if you guys want pics of blooms, I was blown away yesterday when I took a different way home from work. It's a little sneaky road that I have renamed Hydrangea Way. I will take my camera and get some pics. They are awesome, house after house of big blousy hydrangea blooms. Pink, blue, purple, red, electric blue, mops, lacecaps...I didn't see any yellow ones ;>)

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Venu, where is this place?????
There's a road near me with some fabo hyds too. One day mine will join the ranks (I can dream, right?).

OOOO Venu I grew up in a real old town in New Jersy (think 1663) and it was just filled with old houses and gardens filled with peonies and hydrangeas. Seems they really love New Jersey

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

The town is Bay Head. Mucho, mucho $$$$$ to live there which may have something to do with their Hydrangeas. But I was in absolute awe. Just gorgeous blooms everywhere and I promise to grab my camera and get pics. I'm working again on Saturday and will bring my camera and take Hydrangea Way to get home :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.