A new member here.

Townsville, Australia

Hello to all. this is one of my favorite Ausie shrubs.. Crotalaria cunninghamii. The green bird flower. It is supposed to be quite common in the drier parts of Aus, but the only place we found it on our round Australia trip was at Port Hedland in W.A. They were growing in pure sand beside a stream near the beach. Bob.

Thumbnail by SpeciesNut
Townsville, Australia

Well I am learning. This is the plant in our garden. Bob.

Thumbnail by SpeciesNut
Gisborne, New Zealand

Hi Bob, That green flower is so much like a bird, It must look lovely when covered in bloom.

PERTH, Australia

Hi Bob, I was in King's Park Botanic Gardens here in Perth a few days ago and was impressed enough by this spectacular plant to take a photo of it. It didn't have a name plaque nearby so had no idea what it was until I saw your images this evening. Margaret

Thumbnail by MargaretK
Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

Bob, that plant is also a favourite of mine. I saw it just once, growing near to Ayers Rock (picture attached).

I see there are seed pods on your plant. If you ever collect any seed, I would love to have a go at growing it, although it might find it too cold down here in Victoria,

Kennedy

Thumbnail by kennedyh
PERTH, Australia

kennedy, next time I'm up in King's Park, I'll ask the Botanic Gardens staff if they have any spare seeds. Being a Botanic Garden, you're not allowed to go and help yourself or remove anything, not even a leaf that's fallen on the ground. Margaret

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.