White Swan

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

I got these a few weeks ago with buds on them and they are in full bloom now.

Thumbnail by Meig
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

My all time favorite!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I soooo want that one love it
Gloria

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I am giving a tray of these away to someone I know because I have so many. I started both white swan and baby white swan from seed. Unfortunately, because I have moved everything around so many times as I was bringing them out to plant this spring, I have mixed the two and don't know which is which! One should be about 36", and the other around 20".

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I'll take them !!!! I don't care !!! I'm leaving tomarrow for 5 days then I'll be home d-mail me for info
Gloria

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I'm sorry Gloria. I'm dropping them off at a friends house tomorrow.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

OH BOO well I tryed maybe next time :0)
Gloria

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Pennefeather, On a Victory Garden rerun on PBS today, they showed a stand of these coneflowers. I think they must have been the taller ones. They were absolutely glorious.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

Pam,

If I had any additional energy, I would have kept the coneflowers and planted them myself. The problem that I run into is that I have been actively working in my garden since April, and I have just run out of steam. After doubling the size of one bed, and increasing the size of three others, I just don't have it in my to start another new bed in this heat. Maybe if it was still cooler...

I think that I am going to start some more White Swan next spring to ring a tree in my backyard. However, I am going to prepare the bed this fall so that I just have to pop them in come springtime.

I bet that bed on Victory Garden was beautiful.

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Penne, I know what you mean about the heat. I can't believe after all the cold and windy weather earlier this year, I am already telling DH we'll enlarge the beds come fall. Well, as far as I'm concerned, age has its privileges. My copy of Cottage Living magazine came and I've been oggling all the eye candy in those gardens. Julie Newmar's garden is shown, and it's so lovely, so personal. I'll probably do more mag article surfing than actual digging for awhile.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.