Today's Weather in Your Garden - 24

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Humid but cool - around 72.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

74 with 66% humidity here. We've had worse! I like having cooler temps, but would like less humidity.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

74.1°, 58% humidity here, not much rain so I watered the lawn/ garden. Lots of threatening rain clouds but no significant accumulation... typical.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I worked in the garden this afternoon and I'm sweaty. Better take a shower before my party.

Thumbnail by boojum

LA guerillas:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D91N55JO0&show_article=1

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I find this so wrong that it's 80 degrees out and I am baking christmas cookies.... my friend is having a christmas in july party tomorrow.... it's bad enough I bake all these crazy cookies once a year.... but NOW TWICE... and a few hours before fireworks.... I AM SO CONFUSED

Southeastern, CT(Zone 6a)

OMG Allison, your friend must be very special! or equally confused. lol

Crazy Eddie used to have the Christmas in July sale!

He's InSANE!

Now he's inJAIL!!!

Really?! I didn't know what ever happened to him. I don't miss his commercials.

Actually he's out now.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Happy Fourth, Everyone! It turned out to be a very nice day here, and we had a nice gentle rain during the night last night. I'm close to having all my RU flowers in the ground, and it is a red letter day because the destruction/reconstruction to the house is OVER!!! Today I am thinking of the first settler who built our house. He fought in the American Revolution. Thank you, Peter!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it is funny that he has his whole house decorated for christmas... would love to know what his neighbors are saying

:)

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the link to the Guerrilla Gardeners, Victor. What brave souls they are! Do you think they'd be willing to help lazy gardeners in upstate NY?

Oh my gosh! As much as I couldn't stand those Crazy Eddy commercials, I now kind of miss them! They were "insane"! Ha ha!

Anybody remember, " Hey Jerry! What's the story?"

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We in upstate New York are dealing with a Car salesman who yells and uses the word HEEUG screamed at top voche to get people to buy cars.
I don't co-operate with anyone who yells at me.

DonnieBrook, I for one would like to see the finished product!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Donnybrook! I am sure the original builder would be proud of what you have done to preserve the house.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Well the rain was good. I got almost 2" worth! We had a nice time at my cousin's annual 4th party. She always puts up car ports and portable awnings. Works perfect when we have the passing showers. Half the people were in their bathing suits, so it really didn't matter. The kids stayed in the pool.

My uncle is very talented artistically. I had to share this with all of you. He made it for my aunt. It's a woodburning.

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2

Temp 70.8°, Rh 64%. ☺

An unusually quiet, subdued 4th here. Many families here have loved ones in Iraq and/ or Afghanistan and the homes have been serene and understandably deep in thought.

Beautiful Anita! It never ceases to astound me how religion, (regardless of which), has motivated 'man' throughout the centuries to produce some of the most profound & beautiful pieces of art on this planet! ☺

Thomaston, CT

Lovely picture, Anita--I can't imagine doing something that intricate. Also interesting article on the guerrillas--wish more people were so civic minded. Sorry about the cookies, Alison---my DH would be thrilled---I made cookies for a funeral the other day, & he was snitching them on the premise that the friend who died "would have wanted him to enjoy himself" --- honestly! Soggy day for our clambake--rained most of the morning, but is just cloudy & humid & cool right now--just hope the rain holds off.

73, cloudy and very humid. Got 1 1/2 inches overnight! More in store. Beautiful, Anita.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

The showers from overnight have stopped for now, dark, cloudy and cool. Sixty degrees and humid. Just a dreary day.

From yesterday.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Very cute pic. He looks very happy to pose for you.

I'd try to avoid that end of the bird! ☺

South Hamilton, MA

Cloudy sky so able to work a longer time than I can under bright sun.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Cool and damp now 58* sunny day expected hi of 80.

64 and foggy. How can I be warmer up here then in NY? Morning Joanne

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Good morning Sherrie
We probably have fog too in the low areas. Every morning for a week I woke up to condensation on the windows, cant see the garden when it's like that.
Burns off by 8:00AM

Well we are the 1st ones here today :-)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Sunday after a long weekend must be everybody has partied too long.
We have had two Fri.+ Sat.

Just another day here, like any other day.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Yesterday was L-O-N-G!!!!!
We were up at our usual 5 AM, but by 6:30 were on the road to Sam's Club. Didn't get back until around 10:30. Then we had the cutting up and packaging to do.

There was a BBQ at my ex-mother-in-law's house in the afternoon, so the rest of the family took off for that location, about 45 minutes away.

The evening hours saw us sitting in the bleachers at the local quarter-mile track to watch the Nationwide North series and then fireworks. We were so tired that we didn't stay for the fireworks!

Got home in time to watch the last 36 laps of the Nascar race on TV, then I poured myself into bed.

Got up at 7:30 this morning!! VERY late for me, but what a beautiful day today!

66° on its way to 80° or so.

Humidity: 88%
Dewpoint: 63°
Pressure: 30.10 in. and steady

74, partly sunny and very humid.

Temp 71.6°, Rh 62%. ☺

Planted 3 clematis & transplanted 1 new rose bush. The cloudy, humid days ahead should give them a little time to settle in.

- A 'regular' here now.

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh no a monster bunny! He's cute now but they get really big with a munching habit to match. Saw the fox taking my local version home to the family for breakfast a few weeks ago, I do not miss him.
Fog has lifted but still cloudy, humid and no wind at all. Temp has gone up to 73 degrees.

I could eliminate him easily if I wanted to, but all 'wildlife' is welcome in my yard. I'll just learn to live with him, as I have with the squirrels & the birds. ☺

Though the Kitchen screen door this am.

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

I'll send my deer your way and see if you feel the same way!

I want a fox.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.