Today's Weather in Your Garden - 24

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Celeste-You don't look old enough to be a grandmother, esp to 4 of them.

Southeastern, CT(Zone 6a)

oops - news.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Wasn't she due in early Jan with Oryanna??

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

(sorry Nance - i knew what you meant, i was just being silly!)

Some incredible sky color a few minutes ago.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Celeste, apparently you are reaping the rewards of all those childrearing years. We had kids in two batches and are still waiting (very impatiently) to see the next generations. Lucky you. We had one, waited eleven years, and then had two more in nine and a half months. They should have had the same space as your expected grands. Hopefully the spacing of your grands will be as planned. I loved having the last two so late in life and so close. We found it much less challenging, at the end of the day, than obsessing over an only child for eleven years.

Laurel

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Laurel I was hoping to be able to still run when I had DGC and it came true!

Yes Victor, Tiffany was due Jan, 11th for Oryanna but she was born Dec. 14th. Tiffany told them they were wrong on the date..she said she was due on Dec.18 but they didn't believe her until it happened. Doctors are always right until proven wrong....and Ory did.

Thanks Jen...want to be my new best bud? LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love that photo Victor

Thanks, Allison. Here's another.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Vic, you really take some good shots! did you ever take photography in school? Clemen

Thank you, Clem. No, just got into it the past few years. At first I just wanted to photograph my garden, but then my interest in photography in general started expanding.

Continue, you are doing a wonderfull job. My oldest Andrea is so much in to art and photography, it is such a nice hobbie! Clemen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it's really nice now that we can take all those pictures for free... when I used to pay to get film developed it was rough

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Victor, those amazing skies could be seen down here too. I couldn't get over the HUGE clouds that I could see in the distance. They were either over the sound or over Connecticut. I'm sure someone got some rain with those.

I don't see any rain in my forecast. I'm watering again. Here's a link that some of you might enjoy. Just hit preview on the right side to see the card. Very talented and pretty. http://www.jacquielawson.com/cards_floral.asp

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I think today will be a pretty good day, all things considered.

Currently it is very foggy and 61°

Humidity: 94%
Dewpoint: 59°
Pressure: 29.96 in. and steady

And, for Victor ...
Sunrise: 5:11 am
Sunset: 8:28 pm
in my neck of the woods

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 72.5, Rh 62%. ☺

Yes Anita, I’ve been seeing them since Sunday from here, small low clouds were racing to get up North towards Conn. Looked like on big huge cumulus cloud was forming up North, you could even see the ‘little dome’ on top. Looked like those guys up north were in for some heavy thunderstorms. Clear here now but hazy towards the NE.

71 and cloudy. That's been the pattern for weeks now - lots of rumbling, big dark clouds, wind, but very little rain here.

70 and sunshine here, maybe a thunderstorm later, hope not! Clemen

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

75 degrees, humid still and sunny with a bit of haze now burning off a little. Wind pretty calm and chance of t-storms here too.

79 and sunny. Noticeably less humid and a decent breeze. Nice day!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Supposedly 76 degrees here with 62% humidity. Feels great here, too, especially since it was very cloudy early this morning and looked like rain. The sun is scorching, though. If the humidity was higher, it might be insufferable.

From the garden yesterday:

Thumbnail by mamasita
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

GEEEEORGEOUS
mid 70"s and a breeze.Not humid
Rain tomorrow.

South Hamilton, MA

1" of rain last night. We have a severe storm warning east MA at the moment. I can hear thunder but are probably NE of the worst part which has high winds & pea sized hail. Logging off anyway.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

We had a bit of hail and 2 downpours this afternoon.

Thomaston, CT

Super cloud photos, Victor--looked like heaven opening up--which it did in CT--you folks were so right about where the clouds were headed! It thundered from 12:45 to about 9pm--very heavy showers on & off all day. BUT--today was a top tenner---A friend & I hiked on the Appy Trail for 2 hours--heard lots of birds & would have actually seen them if my friend (and dog) didn't rush up the trail--she's older than I am & she was a Scottish dancer--maybe that's where the stamina came from--the pointer was just interested in chasing every bird, rabbit, & squirrel. But hopefully, no cougars, which again are making big news in NW CT--a jogger stopped my art teacher to warn her of a cougar at the end of the road(there was 1 there last year) and 1 of the other art students--mature, level-headed lady--said she called police after seeing one drinking at her pond last week--their reply was the standard "It's a coyote, madam".

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I wish it was in the 70's here. 85 degrees and sunny

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

gorgeous day here too. Yum! I wish the neighbors weren't so noisy! They've mowed, weed-whacked, power washed (still going after 2 hours), played blasting bad music with loud DJs, I'm just waiting for them to jump on their motorbikes and atvs and circle around their little yard for an hour or two or three, oh, and then maybe they'll invite all the neighborhood teenagers to jump in their pool... sigh.

Southeastern, CT(Zone 6a)

Robin -Sounds like you had a great hike. I might have to check into that Scottish dancing - we've heard there has been a wolf sighting here. Official word "Coydog, madam".

Somehow the storms have missed me so far. I hear the rumbling, but I have sunshine and 77° - get back in that car, Jen and come join me!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wish I could!!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's hot and I love it!
Partly Cloudy
Feels Like:85°
Barometer:29.85 in and falling
Humidity:58%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:66°
Wind:S 3 mph
Sunrise:4:59 am
Sunset:8:27 pm

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Harper, are you sure you're not in MY neighborhood? Sounds exactly like a couple of my neighbors, including the ones next door. Why are people so inconsiderate?

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

i am with you Harper. People across the stream from here (don't ask) park a car behind their house, open all the doors and blast the stereo, sometimes all afternoon and evening. i love how tranquil gardening is on those days - NOT!

Nice day for hanging, but too hot for planting. I received my final (for sure) GC order when we got home from the movies. Intended to plant it but it's just too hot. About 85 now. I wish it was in the upper 60's to low 70's.

Robin, please remind me not to hike with art teachers in your area! I rarely hike in July or Aug. Too hot, too many bugs and the nice views are usually obscured by all the dense foliage.

South Hamilton, MA

Sun is out--all is damp, I bet the weeds loved it. Glad that we use rubberized gloves, have to get DH after a couple of very tall weeds that won't let me get under them.

Temp 77.5°, Rh 48%. ☺

The 'dog days' of summer are here...

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

This weekend will certainly be - woof!

My least favorite holiday...things blowing up everywhere, ambulances, drunk drivers and fires!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

But, happy birthday, America .... anyway!

People do stupid things all the time. That should never take anything away from the day! Cooling down nicely - 72 and very nice.

hey Candyce, remember the prickley cactus, over 100 blooms, well , here she is, although not all blooms open at the same time, i have been enjoing her for three weeks already! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.