Today's Weather in Your Garden - 24

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/863699/

Yucky day here. Last day of school for the kids.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Nice day if it don't rain--which it is going to do thru Sunday I guess. Upside is the garden looks good. Lots of vibrant new green growth on everything and no sign of any disease.

Yet.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hopefully no rain in MA on Sunday!

Sunday? What about Saturday? Dont even tell me the RU is Sunday or I am screwed.

Whew - I was almost having a heart attack between threads !

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

sorry. oops.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 82°, Rh 72%. ☺

Sunny hot & humid, followed by cloudy cool & damp. Mosquitoes very happy, spending the days at the beach and returning to backyard at night.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Overcast and humid. Oh, look. the sun's peeking out now.

Thomaston, CT

No sun here--very humid & oppressive--1 quick shower, but I was having lunch with friends several towns away, & no rain there. Should have a great pea crop--the pods are starting to swell.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Rain we received wasn't worth anything

71 and very humid. Just back from the Hudson Valley Renegades game with my kids. Left after the sixth inning. Had a great time. The little boy in front of us - about four years old, gave a baseball to my son. He already had one thrown to him earlier. That was so nice to see in such a young kid.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh Victor, how sweet! Yes, it's wonderful to see such nice youngsters. But, it takes nice parents, like you, to reinforce that good behavior. Congrats to the little one's graduation! I think I missed saying that on the last thread.

For today's current weather stats:
Foggy and very drizzly.
61°
Wind: 0 MPH
Humidity: 100%
Dewpoint: 61°
Pressure: 29.77 in.

And for Victor ...
Sunrise: 5:08 am
Sunset: 8:28 pm

What I see forecast for tomorrow is:
Partly cloudy with a High of 82°
Chance of afternoon or evening T-storms

I think we lucked out!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Haven't had a good rain storm since the beginning of the week, so I'm watering this morning. Going up to the high 80°'s. I'm glad it's Friday. I can't believe next week is July already. I took off Thursday too, so I'll have a nice long holiday weekend.

Thank you, Candyce. 75, cloudy and very humid.

Temp 80.4°, Rh 82%. ☺

Henry

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Southeastern, CT(Zone 6a)

WC- Henry is Handsome!

Sprinkling
71°
Barometer: 29.85 in and rising
Humidity: 84%
Visibility: 4 mi
Dewpoint: 66°
Wind: SW 8 mph
Sunrise: 5:17 am
Sunset: 8:25 pm

Victor - Sunrise has changed by two minute already!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

81 right now
Supposed to hit 90 today, ugh

5:32 sunrise
8:32 sunset

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I might have to get that Clem. - my dh's first name is Henry (he goes by his middle name, though).

92°, cloudy, and humid right now. Yuck! I live about 20 minutes from Kassia, and tomorrow's forecast here, for the RU, goes like this:

"Saturday: partly sunny. Patchy fog. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Cooler. Humid with highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent."

Great shot of a 'pure' Henryi bloom, WC. Candyce - it never seemed right to me that as soon as summer officially begins, we start losing daylight!

Thomaston, CT

How depressing to hear losing daylight! Not fair! HayHay & I picked & shelled peas today--a truly wonderful day--I know what you mean about kids who are so nice--my son was sweet, & I hope his kids are as nice--HayHay was very good today--no one else to share my attention! The weather is showery--surprise. Hope all of you going to RU have a super time--hope I can join you next time.

A few drops today - that's it. Very humid. 80 degrees.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Way too humid so feels warmer than it really is. Mostly overcast and cloudy all day, no rain yet here.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I love raw peas, I put in just a few this year, but they didn't do well.

Apparently the soil on Mars is good enough to grow plants (of course it would be zone minus 15!). How embarrassing if someday they're growing plants there that we're having a problem growing!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/27/science/space/27MARS.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print

Thanks Victor

- Well, Hawkins (the one that holds Newton's seat) said we have 40 yrs to find a new planet, & start making plans, (that was 2 yrs ago). Maybe NASA is thinking of the 'Total Recall' solution... ☺

Will a man ask for directions after 40 years???

Men never ask directions... they send DW to ask! ☺

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Quoting:
Hawkins (the one that holds Newton's seat)

That sounds like a terrible job! Even worse than some of mine have been...

... Dont worry Amy, you're in no danger of holding Newton's seat. (hee hee!) ☺

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

i'm too busy covering my own!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looked like a bad storm was coming thru got real dark and windy. Went all the way around us. Got a little spritz.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

WaterCan, I do not know the Hawkins you are referring to. Can you please elucidate? I do know the work of, and have read, Stephen Hawking the physicist. Is Hawkins someone else you are referencing? What particular writings are you referring to as I am interested in reading the texts. Thanks

Laurel

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

The plentiful iron which gives the Red Planet its name isn't readily available for uptake by plants because of the high pH.

It's always something, isn't it?

Yesterday another torrential t-banger (no hail)

Now 62 and the garden is out there.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

70* and another humod night.
Scattered t-showers, they said that yesterday and nothing happened,good thing I watered anyway.
Some of this years DL's from Snowey Creek are putting up blooms,can't wait to see "Starling" in a few weeks.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Raining.
I hate to ask for directions, DH always stops and asks, drives me crazy!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

T hanks Deb It's been softly thundering for half an hour and I hear patters just now.

The showers were certanly scattered yesterday. There were T-storm warnings out for my area, too. But we didn't get a drop. It was funny, though .... the other end of the lake I live on got pelted with a huge storm. I could watch the sky from my living room window. It looked like a horrid storm. But me, on this end of the lake just got dark clouds and a gentle breeze! And the lake is NOT that large!

For today ...
Currently:
Fog and 64° (should go up by about 20 degrees today)
Wind: NE at 6
Humidity: 100%
Dewpoint: 64°
Pressure: 29.88 in. and steady

Sunrise: 5:09 am
Sunset: 8:28 pm

There's a chance of late-day storms, so I will be thinking of all of you staying high and dry at the RU. Have fun, everyone!!

I read an interesting news article this morning concerning the North Pole and weather:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25419299/

70 and humid. Will be a scorcher. Santa might finally get to do some kayaking.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.