Polish Spirit

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

This is an extremely easy-to-grow and floriferous cultivar. It always produces a massive flush of blooms and just keeps going and going. I know it's not as "fancy" as the Group 2's or even some of the other Group 3's, but I still love it for being so reliable.

Thumbnail by Meig
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Meig..you are so right...Clematis "Polish Spirit" is very dependable and Soooooooooo Vigorous..but I also think the dark rich purple and those delicious anthers give it... its own special place among clematis...and yours is very beautiful!

(Zone 4a)

Ohhhhhhhhh I hope mine gets to be as beautiful as yours!!!! So pretty!

Delaware, OH

yes i love polish spirit. i have noticed in year three with it that the blooms are much bigger. it is vigorous from year one, but
small blooms and bigger every year. i love it to fill in areas and work with landscape. photo attached is polish spirit growing on a hawthorne tree. the is also terniflora sweet autumn which blooms higher and later on the same hawthorne tree.
it is foolproof and essential and i do not know why more people do not grow it as an alternative to, or with , sweet autumn!!!

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Delaware, OH

fyi, should have mentioned as you guys are eagle eyed when it comes to plants, the polish spirit is draping over a small boxwood hedge that is at the base of the hawthorne tree,something i do a lot of...i love clematis naturalizing like this over boxwood as it is dense enough to really support the blooms , they do not get lost down in the branches like they can on some shrubs.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Niobe..I am so glad you are showing all these pics...this will show others how they can incorporate clematis into their own gardens...showing they can weave through out other plantings as well instead of just buying a tuteur/trellis for each one...my fav is planting with climbing roses..thanks for sharing...Jeanne

Delaware, OH

thanks jeanne. i have never shared photos until this year or been on any garden forums.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Well..we are so glad that you joined..you have been inspiring with your pics and knowledge..Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.