Something new...!

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

I just stumbled upon this, not sure if everyone is aware of this or not, or for that matter, if it has been mentioned in a prior post.

Dave, sneaky and smart as ever, has an entirely new up and coming pet specific daves garden. I'm posting the link, and hope it works: http://pets.davesgarden.com/

I know there are a bunch of us that have pets. And I know, from scanning through the posts on the topic of Dave starting this new site that there were very different reactions...from "I want this site," to "Don't fix it, if it ain't broke."

I like it, and hope that it gets really rooted, and the good peeps at DG get to work all the kinks out of it.

I also know with all things new that there is some mild hesitation involved, which is all well and good, I just hope enough peeps give it a chance to try to work, before the kabosh is put to it :-)

This message was edited Jun 24, 2008 10:23 AM

LIVE CHAT 1 We need that here!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Thanks for letting me know Thom! I could use some talk about my pets!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Thom you need to check out the "what have you bought new" and let me know what you think of the hosta's i bought this past week end.
no pets - like them - don't like their fur

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Doesn't exactly look like a "vibrant community" - yet. But the model is good, I'm sure it will work. Best of luck to Dave's Pets! (Bill,, no pets for us either - I hate their fur!)

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Is the website up and running? I couldn't post anything in it. It said I needed to subscribe, but obviously I'm a subscriber.

North Augusta, ON

You need to contact ecrane3 to be updated. The site has been put on hold for a bit while Dave works on the Marketplace.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I just went ther and it looks to me like you need to subscribe to that site as well as Daves Garden.
Don't need pet chat that much.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I thought it was for the pets to post!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What's the diff between the new one and the Pets forum?

North Augusta, ON

Eventually it is all going to be at the pets Site...our subscriptions here at Daves will carry over to there but until it's set up we need to get ecrane3 to update us.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Lee Anne, how come you know so much? Usually you're asking ME questions... ^_^

North Augusta, ON

hehehe...I followed that initial thread about the pets website right from the beginning. Some of the info actually managed to stick in my head, go figure...

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you... that's cool

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

From what I gather, as has been posted here: If you are a paid DG member contact ecrane3, she/he is the one putting most of the elbow grease into this project. There has been postings that if you joined (as a paid DG member) prior to October '07 you will have to be updated. The site, from what I've read, is going to directly mirror Dave's Garden, but will be all Pet's stuff. ID, Disease, Co-ops, Breed Specific, etc.

I think, once all of the kinks have been worked out, that it will be a very useful thing. I know from posting and lurking on the NE Forum that many of us (from the forum) have furkids, or like just like reading about them...furkids do, do some unusual things at time!

The Marketplace is what Dave is personally vesting much of his time in at the moment, ercane3 has stated as much, I was just letting everyone know...giving the heads up...that there is going to be a Pet's version of Dave's Garden...if it can be as valuable as a tool as I have found DG has been in regard to all things plants, I can only hope it will provide the same amount of knowledge, information, humor, and discussion for all things pet related!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Yeah!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.