more combinations

Delaware, OH

here is violet elizabeth with rouge cardinal and blue angel. kind of an accidental combo,
but it has grown in nicely.

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy accidents are the best!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I LIKE IT!!..Gorgeous...Jeanne

Delaware, OH

this is a hagley hybrid and a coral rose that i do not remember the name of. it's all about the clematis in my garden. the roses are just hired to be friends with them!

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

Very nice :)

Delaware, OH

thanks meig.it is another accidental combo. the rose has been in for a couple of years and surprised me with its vigor this year. i am just now getting into some roses as friends to the clematis. so the color scheme was an accident as hagley went wild this year leaping over near the rose. but i like the color combo. you are in a similar zone to me, i am 5b. it is a great clematis zone, don't you think?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Niobe ..how beautiful!!..I do love those two colours together...Roses like clematis really come into their own in year 3...stunning!!...Jeanne

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

Niobe,

Yeah, I think Z5 is a good zone for clems, except that mine do die down to the ground every year so my G2's never get really tall. I had better luck at my old house (11 miles west from here) with G2's. I live on a pretty open and windswept lot now and the G2s just don't make it as well and take more babying than I like so I tend to stick to G3s these days. However, I was looking back at some of my old pictures and now I really want to get some G2s again, like Ramona and Fireworks, LOL. They're so beautiful.

(Zone 4a)

Niobe that combo looks so pretty!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.